#MotivationMarch

Ok folks, working on a project for MFP to be done next month. I am calling it #MotivationalMarch. I need you to send me a song that you feel impacts you or your life. Impact can be good or bad. You will remain anonymous so please don't afraid to send one in. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Bumping hoping to get some songs...
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited February 2019
    Can we post one in the thread?

Oh, also, does it need to be in english? I can link a youtube video with lyric translation.
  • 3M_TA3
    You can and please add do the lyric translation
  • RelCanonical
    edited February 2019
    https://youtu.be/DB_AP7DLQ0w

Good impact, he is very open about his struggles with mental health while achieving his dreams, so it helps me to know that I can achieve my dreams even with my mental health struggles.
  • 3M_TA3
    Wow, thanks for sharing. That is pretty intense. I would like to ask, is this part of the k-pop revolution? I have a kid that is very into the k-pop scene and know little about it.
  • RelCanonical
    3M_TA3 wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for sharing. That is pretty intense. I would like to ask, is this part of the k-pop revolution? I have a kid that is very into the k-pop scene and know little about it.

Yes, he is a kpop artist. (: He is a part of BTS, which is definitely the worldwide popular kpop group. I have been a fan of kpop for a little while and am happily surprised at how popular it has gotten.
  • 3M_TA3
    So, I took songs from my friends and the one posted here. This song will be towards the end of the month but here is day #1

#MotivationalMarch – Song - "Follow Your Arrow" (Kasey Morgan) This song says that no matter what you do, people will judge you so you just need to be yourself. As a grown man, with a grown job, I am expected to be a professional when doing my job. That being said, my desk has Hot Wheels, Monster Trucks, Darth Tater, California Raisins, and various other toys. People can’t wait for me to decorate for Halloween and enjoy my light hearted nature to the point that I was thanked by my previous boss, may God rest her soul, for bringing laughter to a job where people just don’t laugh at all. I turn 50 this year and my basement is a hot mess of oddities, I have my Penn State stuff, Hot wheels and Monster Trucks a plenty and lots of Dr. Seuss/Grinch stuff. I am a man who is aging but refuses to grow up. “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken” – Oscar Wilde
  • 3M_TA3
    Day #2

#MotivationalMarch – Song - "Skyscraper" (Demi Lovato) - this song is all about being torn down and getting bigger and better when rebuilt. While society likes making normal people heroes, they almost make it a game to break celebrities down for anything they do. This has only been made worse with the internet. Online bullies are everywhere and gossip can be spread at an alarming rate. While you cannot control what others say and do, you can control your reaction and the best revenge is to react in a way that keeps us out of the fray and on top. If we find ourselves torn down, you have to find the lesson, and rebuild in a way that you end up bigger, stronger, and wiser. Also, be sure to forgive those that bring you down. “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured” – Mark Twain
  • 3M_TA3
    #MotivationalMarch – Song - "Tennessee Whiskey" (Chris Stapleton) – Very interesting song as until I broke down the lyrics with a dear friend of mine, I had never picked up on the meaning, even after hearing it many times. This is about how a pure and honest love can help you overcome physical and mental obstacles. Change is something that can be all but impossible until you have someone that loves you enough to support you thru all your trials and tribulations. A true test of love can be found not in bad moments but in those moments where everything is perfectly fine. The song says “I've looked for love in all the same old places, Found the bottom of a bottle always dry, But when you poured out your heart I didn't waste it, 'Cause there's nothing like your love to get me high”. A very poetic way of telling you that love can conquer all. "The best gift you are ever going to give someone-the permission to feel safe in their own skin. To feel worthy. to feel like they are enough." -Hanna Brencher
  • 3M_TA3
    #MotivationalMarch – Song – “Overcomer” (Mandosa) NOTE: While I am a Christian myself, I am not promoting one religion over another nor do I judge people by religious beliefs. This is a very upbeat Christian song that talks about God’s love thru the darkest days. This takes me to a very emotional place, in December 2005 I was admitted to the hospital for pancreatitis. The doctor, a friend of my Aunt, was very frank with my parents telling them IF I get out of the hospital it would be April given the severity of my condition. Over the next 30 or so days, I went thru 3 different procedures and a major surgery. During my illness the hospital let me detox off pains meds 3 separate times and just days before Christmas I thanked my parents for the life they provided me and told them I was going to pray that I did not wake up from that sleep because it hurt too bad to go forward. Well, I woke up the next day and decided if it was not my time then I was going to kick it in the *kitten*. I walked to keep the leg massagers off, they hurt me, and did more than asked. After just 1 month I was sent home to finish healing. My first follow up they found a fistula in my pancreas and was told surgery was eminent but they sent me home with some meds (delivered thru IV that dad had to do twice a day). So after a couple more appointments and meeting the surgeon for the fistula, I was told the hole closed on its own. Doctor said he could not explain it other than to thank God. I went back to work April 1, 2006. The question is why was I allowed to live, I believe I was left on this earth to help folks using laughter, truth, or insights during their time of need.