Gaining weight & menopause has led me here!

Options
Hello! I'm 52 and almost considered menopausal (6 more months to make if official!). Add to that a little hip arthritis and shoulder bursitis and my weight has crept up over the last 2 years. Its like someone flipped a switch when I turned 50 and told my body to just fall apart. LOL. So I've realized that I can no longer drop a few pounds by simply skipping breakfast! I need permanent changes to my eating habits. So that's why I'm here. I've been trying to do things the way I always have and the scale doesn't move (well it moves the wrong way). I would like to lose about 15 pounds and be healthy while doing it. I don't really know how this site works (used to use it years ago but stopped). Just going to look around and see what there is to offer!

Replies

• ByFaith4Life4Christ
    Options
    🙋🏻 same situation!! My body just seems to hang on to the fluff and is getting fluffier. Not having it! I'm determined to beat this phase of life. Just need to find our lifestyle rhythm that works. Feel free to add me if you want friends to share the experience.
  • sexyw4kidz
    sexyw4kidz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, but went thru menopause in 2006 (28 year's old). I also noticed weight gain during menopause, but with food changes have been able to stay at a healthy weight. MY advice is to prepare your own foods from scratch as most prepared foods have lots of sugar, salt, and unhealthy ingredients. Myfitness pal is easy to use and has a scanner too. Good luck!!!!