MY RANT!!!!!

Options
First let me start off by saying I am not trying to offend anyone, however, there are several people on these boards that do exactly that. I browse through these boards quite a bit, and find people all the time who are just starting or even been here for a while and are proud of what they have accomplished or proud that they are able to pick a better food option, however some of you don't see it for that. For example I seen a girl who posted her lunch on here and was extremly proud and it was a healthy lunch however bc of her bread choice MANY of you decided to tell her she was wrong instead of telling her what she did right. yes i know most are trying ot help but they way your posts come off it comes off as more like a put down bc "she didnt eat whole wheat bread" maybe she couldnt afford whole wheat bread at 4bucks a loaf or maybe she doesnt like the taste *i dont know about many of you but i dont like something i wont eat it* but instead of telling her that she did a good job on picking veggies over chips you run her in the ground for white bread..and that is just one example, I see people tellingothers that they are not doing well if they don't wear a HRM..well sorry but some people just flat out can't afford one, and instead of telling them that all there efforts were for nothing howabout saying thats a great job and just leave it at that..What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all... I know that the majority of you are here to help but it just really bothers me when i see some people thinking they are better than others because they "whole organic" foods homemade never from a can and definatley nothing with HFCS or bc they burned the "EXACT" amount of cals with their HRM..we are all here for the same reason, but we are all different so we will obtain those goal differently just keep that in mind. and no im not here ot put down those of you that use HRM *i do* or eat organic whole type foods i think that is great and if that is for you and it is working then i say keep doing it but just odn't bash those that dont. thank you!! and sorry if i offended anyone

Replies

• cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    there are *kitten* everywhere...sadly, there's not enough time in the day to give them all a good beatdown.
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    there are *kitten* everywhere...sadly, there's not enough time in the day to give them all a good beatdown.

This is much nicer than what I was going to say :)
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!
  • sldavis73
    Options
    Great Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    *Like* Thnx 4 posting. :flowerforyou:
  • robinellis
    Options
    well said and i couldn't agree more.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options

this made me laugh. thank you :)
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! A little encouragement can go a LONG way!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I hear ya....my thought is that at least if they are on this site they are trying!!!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    agree! get em!! :tongue:
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    Totally agree,there are some idiots on here ,complete know it alls,well they think they are xx
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

Can I borrow that? LOL
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • karatsd
    karatsd Posts: 35
    Options
    EXACTLY! I CAME AND STAYED BECAUSE OF THE KINDNESS AND SUPPORT I RECEIVED MY FIRST DAY BUT LATELY, PEOPLE SEEM SO ....ALMOST POISONED BY THEIR OWN SUCCESS OR SOMETHING
  • avalier
    avalier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice post. Always good to see people who stick up for what's right. I'm new to the site. Been using the Droid app for a few weeks but this is my first time on the site. Haven't seen anything you mentioned yet but sad if it is that much of a problem here.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where your coming from.
    We are living on one salary right now and trying to eat as healthy as possible. Tonights pasta bake is going to have to do as Hubby is home and making dinner(Thank Goodness). As long as I have the calories for it , the scale keeps going down....
    I couldn't give a flying fart in space what any negative commenter feels/ thinks about it...
    encouraging responses welcome and opinions are welcomed, considered and it all comes down to what I/we can do. :)

No hrm for me....
    no gym membership for me...
    And I am fine with that.

All good :)

stay focused and positive!!!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    WORD!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Amen!!! And well said!!! Same Journey, Different Paths.....we all have to remember that.....Support, Motivate, Uplift!!!!
  • had3nuf
    had3nuf Posts: 59
    Options
    ........and this is why I keep my journal set to private. I make my own food choices..I don't need to run it past anyone for approval...if I eat it and gain or don't lose..hey, that's on me.....and if I don't eat it and lose..or don't gain....bravo for me. Certainly not looking for a pat on the back....and i refuse to have some a-hole who thinks they have it "all together" say "shame on me".....that'll likely result in a cyber beatdown.

So, I agree with you 100%
  • Kiedrat
    Kiedrat Posts: 8
    Options
    Good point and you're very kind to defend her. Some don't realize there are many more obstacles to losing weight than food choice. Having four skinny children and a husband who doesn't believe he's making bad choices it's a challenge just to go grocery shopping.