Off to a good start!

Options
Almost 3 miles I am happy with that. Now I just have to figure out how to eat the extra calories.
How much do you normally run? I am trying to work up to 6 miles. :)5bj5so3p378c.png

Replies

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful work! Have you been running very long? It's a fine goal you've set to get up to 6 miles, just be sure to build up to it over a period of time and not all at once. :smile:

Slow and steady builds endurance and speed over time. But still, great job! Enjoy those extra calories with joy!

To answer your question, I typically run anywhere between 35 - 45 miles per week. Slowly building up to more mileage. I run 4 days on, one day off, a long run, and another rest day following my long run.

Definitely keep us updated on your progress and congratulations again!

• heavenlee816
    heavenlee816 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful work! Have you been running very long? It's a fine goal you've set to get up to 6 miles, just be sure to build up to it over a period of time and not all at once. :smile:

Slow and steady builds endurance and speed over time. But still, great job! Enjoy those extra calories with joy!

To answer your question, I typically run anywhere between 35 - 45 miles per week. Slowly building up to more mileage. I run 4 days on, one day off, a long run, and another rest day following my long run.

Definitely keep us updated on your progress and congratulations again!

Thank you :smile: I have been running for about 6 months now. I just started tracking my run using a Fitbit today. I will take my time for sure I don't want to risk an injury. 35-45 miles a week that is amazing and inspiring!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i run 4 x a week, i'm training for a half marathon. though am currently nursing a bit of an injury.

peanut butter is usually my answer to needing more calories.