Keto Treats Keep Disappearing

Hello MFP friends,

I’m feeling a bit frustrated. I live with a family member who isn’t dieting, but helps herself to foods (mainly keto desserts), I’ve prepared for myself. I don’t mind sharing occasionally, however, this family member ends up enjoying more of these goods than I, and there’s no shortage of regular treats on hand she buys for her consumption. I’m on a limited budget and ingredients are expensive. Has anyone else experienced this?

:#

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    No personal experience, but if it were me I'd start locking the treats away. Literally. Or prepare them only when I'm about to eat them, although without knowing what exactly you're making I don't know how difficult that would be.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Some experience here... What you were writing here, is exactly what you have to tell this family member. There is no sugar-coating the issue. Ask her to replace the food, or repay you. She is aware of your nutrition requirements? If so, then her behavior is rude, ignorant, and not acceptable.
    Best of luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    ohspfdh wrote: »
    Hello MFP friends,

I’m feeling a bit frustrated. I live with a family member who isn’t dieting, but helps herself to foods (mainly keto desserts), I’ve prepared for myself. I don’t mind sharing occasionally, however, this family member ends up enjoying more of these goods than I, and there’s no shortage of regular treats on hand she buys for her consumption. I’m on a limited budget and ingredients are expensive. Has anyone else experienced this?

:#

ask them not to eat your food?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,366 Member
    Have her contribute to your food budget.

Hide them.

Tell her to stop.
  • tauntonmom
    tauntonmom Posts: 139 Member
    Tell her keto has left you constipated and ask her if she took the one you added Metamucil to.
  • hypocacculus
    hypocacculus Posts: 68 Member
    Yep - if your family member won't listen to polite requests, I'd be thinking booby traps by now. But then there is a flaw in my character.