My Breakfast Any Suggestions

Options
I am a female
150 pounds and fairly active (running and strength training) for at least 30 minutes a day.
This is a typical breakfast for me which equals about 277 calories any suggestions on adding a bit more calories that are healthy and will improve my energy levels or healthy mid-morning snacks?

a8nxk4nsa2mv.png

Replies

• TynaBaby17
    TynaBaby17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is great! And can be very filling! I hate plain oatmeal l so i usually mush a banana into it or some apple and cinnamon or a little honey! Can even mix greek yogurt with raw oats and soak them over night!
  • heavenlee816
    heavenlee816 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    TynaBaby17 wrote: »
    Oatmeal is great! And can be very filling! I hate plain oatmeal l so i usually mush a banana into it or some apple and cinnamon or a little honey! Can even mix greek yogurt with raw oats and soak them over night!

Mmm that does sound good
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for more energy, I would consider adding a source of carbs to your meal. You could have toast with your sausage and egg.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    TynaBaby17 wrote: »

This, or 30 grams natural granola.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have oats, chia seeds and summer fruits soaked overnight in milk/water (depending on calorie intake available) either eat cold in the morning or heat and eat topped with yogurt or a small pot of yogurt afterwards. May not fit with what you have but it keeps me full till lunch
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Avocado! Also maybe a slice of ezikeal grain free toast.
  • jestog63
    jestog63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use a couple of ounces of vanilla premier protein as a creamer (from the 11oz container). It is low in fat and carbs and has a great amount of protein. It mixes fantastic. Sometimes I will use the chocolate premier protein to make my coffee mocha like.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find a 30 calorie sausage
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I wish I could find a 30 calorie sausage

Wegmans has a chicken breakfast sausage that is like this also. It's 35 calories and really good.
    https://www.wegmans.com/products/meat/sausage/sausage/all-natural-fully-cooked-breakfast-with-sage-chicken-sausage.html#
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    jestog63 wrote: »
    I use a couple of ounces of vanilla premier protein as a creamer (from the 11oz container). It is low in fat and carbs and has a great amount of protein. It mixes fantastic. Sometimes I will use the chocolate premier protein to make my coffee mocha like.

OH! That's a great idea! I've been trying to find ways to add flavor to my black coffee- I don't like creamer... the chocolate/mocha style is a great idea, plus the protein is a bonus. Would be worth the calorie intake for that. Thanks for the tip!
  • heavenlee816
    heavenlee816 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    jestog63 wrote: »

I love this tip I am always looking for ways to cut down on the sugar. Thank you and thanks everyone for the great tips they are very insightful and helpful! <3