Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

lol do root canals cause cancer?

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
Maybe a better question is: can The Blair Witch Project be considered a documentary?

Netflix has quietly pulled the controversial documentary Root Cause from its streaming platform and scrubbed all trace of it from their website.

The film, directed by Australian film-maker Frazer Bailey, alleges that root canals cause cancer, heart disease and other serious chronic illness, and that the best way to deal with an injured or infected tooth would be to simply pull it.

These claims have no scientific basis.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/feb/27/netflix-root-cause-pulled-root-canals-cancer

You can still watch it on Amazon, Vimeo, and Apple though.

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I've had one root canal and I'm getting ready to have a second one. I haven't dropped dead yet, go figure :p
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    I've had one root canal and I'm getting ready to have a second one. I haven't dropped dead yet, go figure :p

Just wait.... ;)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    6 root canals, 65 years old, still kicking.

Oh..oh.... ;)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    6 root canals, 65 years old, still kicking.

You have my sympathy. I've had exactly one root canal, and I'd rather go through childbirth again before having another.
  • AR15LUVR4U
    AR15LUVR4U Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    People seem to have lost their critical thinking skills and tend to believe whatever the newest documentary says
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    AR15LUVR4U wrote: »
    People seem to have lost their critical thinking skills and tend to believe whatever the newest documentary says

People tend to believe Netflix-u-mentaries are real documentaries, with no bias.

Netflix has a huge agenda with its programming and how it spends its money, like every other producer of mass content.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    Also, I had a panic attack during a root canal. So it could have killed me! (Not from the cancer, though.)
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

I've had four root canals. I'm probably already dead.

Root canals are not that bad it is afterwards that is a pain, getting a crown, the crown prep is worse than the root canal imho.

I have had at least 4. I now take care of my teeth way better than I used to. I brush 2x per day 2 minutes each brushing, floss and use mouthwash daily. I used to just brush for a minute in the morning with the purpose of just getting fresh breath. I could kick myself for not doing this dental regimen years ago...I am 50 and started this 2 years ago. My teeth are a pain in the *kitten*...my sister had a cavity 20 years ago, no root canals. She brushes three times per day for at least 30 or 40 years.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've had 4, all in my 30th year. I'm excited for 31. No more root canals. I'm taking much better care of my mouth health.

I could also kick myself repeatedly for letting my dental hygiene habits fail. I brush and floss my kids' teeth regularly and they are cavity free still (all young). I don't know why I've made their dental health a priority and just let mine fail miserably.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I've had 4, all in my 30th year. I'm excited for 31. No more root canals. I'm taking much better care of my mouth health.

I could also kick myself repeatedly for letting my dental hygiene habits fail. I brush and floss my kids' teeth regularly and they are cavity free still (all young). I don't know why I've made their dental health a priority and just let mine fail miserably.

I know I think the same thing....especially 15 years ago when I had my first root canal, you think I would have thought okay start taking better care of your teeth instead I thought well those weren't so bad(...who thinks like that!

I think I thought well I go to the dentist every year for a check up so good enough.

I would wash my face at night without fail since I was a teenager but brushing my teeth at night..yeah I couldn't be bothered, now it is such a habit I can't imagine not doing it.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »

I've had four root canals. I'm probably already dead.

Root canals are not that bad it is afterwards that is a pain, getting a crown, the crown prep is worse than the root canal imho.

I have had at least 4. I now take care of my teeth way better than I used to. I brush 2x per day 2 minutes each brushing, floss and use mouthwash daily. I used to just brush for a minute in the morning with the purpose of just getting fresh breath. I could kick myself for not doing this dental regimen years ago...I am 50 and started this 2 years ago. My teeth are a pain in the *kitten*...my sister had a cavity 20 years ago, no root canals. She brushes three times per day for at least 30 or 40 years.

For me the worst part was the Novocain.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I hope not. I’ve had at least 6 of them.