Anyone else feel that earthquake on the East coast?

Options

Replies

• otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I felt it here in Portland, OR.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thought I was going nuts because I felt it in Montreal, Quebec!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    never felt an earthquake
    Me either. I wasn't really sure what it was at first. Felt it here in SC.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    My friend on Facebook just said something about it! She lives in Lynchburg. I lived in Northern VA for 7 months last year and nothing ever happened. How crazy!

I have been to Lynchburg several times. back on point I felt it here in columbus ohio
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yup here in Massachusetts!:frown:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I guess not too many people realize there are fault lines all over the country......

we get them here on the east coast, but never this BIG. usually a 3 is considered a "big one". so you know, we're wimps about it. LOL.

guy in my office is from LA and he was like "eh, it's nothin'"

There was a bigger one (I think about this same size, maybe a little bigger) in Quebec a few years ago. I lived in Buffalo then. I woke up and found a few things in my bedroom on the floor and thought it was strange. Then I turned on the radio and found out it was an earthquake. As usual, I slept through it.

I was only ever awake for one when I lived up there.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Felt it in Hartford, CT at about 2:01. I'm on the 10th floor so I didn't notice it too much. My husband works in a small powerplant and they were evaquating when he called to tell me about it (he's on the ground floor).
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Avoca, PA (between Scranton/Wilkes Barre) felt it pretty good here. Parts of our area even evacuated.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    we shook here, in Canada :) wow...
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    News here in PA says it was a 5.8 out of Virginia. I didn't feel it though..probably because I was driving
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Seems everyone in Pittsburgh felt it but ME! I am seriously bummed!!! :grumble:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm in CT and our whole office building shook
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I work in Frederick MD and it shook our building hard for a good 10 seconds! I don't have windows in my office and I actually thought it was a tornado at first.
  • csoul27
    csoul27 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm in Upstate NY just outside of Albany and it was felt here. Thought someone was behind me moving my chair.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yup, felt it in Central Jersey! I thought it was me feeling dizzy or something at first, but then it became more intense, and my cube mate and I high-tailed it out of the office!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm in Columbus Ohio and our office building here felt it! That is crazy!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I was sitting in a meeting in MADISON, WISCONSIN and we all freaked out...we thought the projector was going to fall out of the ceiling!
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I felt it here in Central Pa. I actually told my kids to stop jumping in their room, and then I realized they weren't. I'm still freaked out!!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yep, in King of Prussia, PA currently and we felt it. I was standing at my co-workers cube and I felt it shake. I thought he was kicking it under the desk but then I heard the ceiling tiles start to squeak. I ducked under my desk. Thank God I wore pants today.. that would NOT have been pretty in a skirt.

=)

Ang
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Felt in York, PA.... Hubby in Frederick didn't feel a thing....

Made me want to run outside screaming "Jesus is coming! Jesus is Coming!!!! And He is ANGRY!" LOL