At home workouts

Options
I have a 3 and 4 yr old so it’s hard for me to find anytime to go to the gym..what are some good home workouts that’ll help me lose weight?

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    You don't need to exercise to lose weight. Just eat fewer calories than you burn. Enter your info into My Fitness Pal.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • Windy_City_Beast
    Windy_City_Beast Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do some research on the internet on at home fat burning workouts. 💥
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Do some research on the internet on at home fat burning workouts. 💥

Wow, that's a helpful answer! :D

Soooo, Mari, for me I like to save a lot of the workouts I see on Instagram profiles I find them super easy to follow. I also watch the quick one on Youtube that are no more than 15 minutes. I used a resistance band I got at target and a set of dumbbells, I also use my couch and a yoga mat. There are soooo many simple, effective exercises you can do with dumbbells and a resistance band!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Watch your calorie intake first. That's the easiest way to maintain a consistent calorie deficit. While losing weight from exercise alone is not entirely impossible, without watching your intake it's super easy to eat more. Workouts very often don't burn as many calories as many people think.

Exercise burns calories. If you are eating at maintenance, your exercise is going to burn the calories you ingest. We actually burn a good % of fat while sleeping.

That said, I like Jessica Smith TV. But just find something you like to do and do that consistently. Weight loss is just the first step, so a temporary exercise habit won't be super helpful at goal.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance, the best part is that the kids can join in even if they’re just bouncing around.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Do things with the kids. Leg lifts/airplane rides! have them sit on your feet for crunches.... find a Yoga video - my granddaughter (just turned 4) loves doing the poses with her dad - Tree is her fav! Take the kids for long walks at the park (and at one time I saw a workout that used the playground) that you could do while they play. Run the stairs at home. Find bodyweight exercises. I found a few that didn't need anything more than YOU - but did show you how you could add weight with things at home (gallon of milk for 8#) etc.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Check out YouTube for exercisw videos. Popsugar is a good channel as is gymra. Rebeca louise has good workouts too and they're usually 15 minutes or less.