Anyone available to follow me around and smack food out of my hands? 🤔

Options
Hi everyone,

I’m new here... for the 100th time. I get on track and do well for a while and then something sets me back and I spiral out of control.

5 or so years ago I lost about 60 lbs counting calories, working out (way too much) and running but have since gained it all back.

Looking for an accountability partner, or someone to follow me around 🤷🏻‍♀️. I have a friend that I go to the gym with occasionally but she’s notorious for canceling and doesn’t motivate me at all.

Helpppppp

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    The best way I've found to "slap food out of my own hands" so to speak is to pre-log my day. I log my breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner before I have breakfast in the morning. Then, when someone shows up at work with doughnuts, I can check my food diary and see what that doughnut will do to my day and what changes I have to make to my day to have it. Sometimes I have a doughnut and sometimes I do not.

Yeah, that's the only way I could do it. Otherwise I just sneak around. Gotta be accountable to myself, but I treat it like it was a friend doing it i.e. be nicer to myself about it.
  • xxxMADMAXxxx
    xxxMADMAXxxx Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing. Tottally agree with quiksylver296 and RelCononical.
    Just log it in. I lost weight this week while still having pizza, nachos and ice creame- and still ate below my alloted calories. Log it in first. If it doesn't fit, don't do it.

As for exercise, start the day with it- it'll give you the energy and motivation for the rest of your day. Over the weekend, end the day with something fun. Go dancing, hiking with friends, play some basketball, whatever it is that you enjoy doing.

And make time away from the screen and gadgets. When you engage with the world with all your focus, you will enjoy the experience more- and feel fuller. (Plus, you will miss out all those needless adds and instragram shots of food ).

Eat well, play hard and make time to luxuriate before you go to bed. Take a long soak, go the full 10-step Korean facecare, yoga or whatever else you prefer to spend time taking care of yourself and settling in for a full rest.

Enjoy your weekend and good luck!
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lol yes I would volunteer. Had my husband do it for a while. Would get all cranky and even growl a bit then laugh about how totally grummpy it made me that I couldn't have that food. I realized I was emotionally eating a lot to feel better. I am much better now.
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @VegJax I need someone to do the same thing. I've been eating like an unsupervised toddler this winter. You are not alone. I'm getting back to healthier choices, slowly. Pre-planning helps, and I just took my measurements. Those numbers have helped me make better choices.
  • xxxMADMAXxxx
    xxxMADMAXxxx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hey, I forgot to ask, did you survive the weekend ok?