1,600 calories?

Options
Hey guys! So I am so motivated and determined to loose these 10 extra pounds. I am a female 5’5 and am pretty active. I weigh 140 pounds. The app says I’m allowed to eat 1,600 calories. Does that sound about right? Idk I feel like it sounds like a lot? I mean, i know I eat more than that now, lol, but I need to get back on track!

Replies

• dlopez754
    dlopez754 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 1 pound per week is what I put on there, but it totally makes sense to look at a half of a pound a week! I just remembered years back I weighed about the same and did a bod pod and I could’ve sworn my calorie intake was about 1350 a day! I could be wrong though!
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Those 1350 would likely be your BMR. That's the calories that your body needs for you to survive a coma.. 1600 cal should be ok. Eat some of your exercise calories back, though. Your total shouldn't drop below your BMR. I have similar stats, and I lose almost too quickly at 1600. Monitor your pace, and adjust accordingly.
    Best of luck!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have successfully lost up to ten pounds by eating 1650 a day. I’m 5’5” and close to my preferred maintenance range at 138