Staying motivated and Diet Questions... Needing so much help!

Options
blueunicorn125
blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I so need help y'all! I am at my wits end with being over weight. I do not want to live this way another day. What type of diet are you following and what works best? I am thinking possibly low carb as I can not seem to limit sweets, soft drinks, etc. What helps you to stay motivated? How do you reward yourself? I lost about 30lbs a few years ago and have gained it and more back, Grrrrrr!!! I could also use friends who are motivating and log daily to help me along. Feel free to add me. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don’t follow a particular diet, but I do try to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables cause I find they fill me up. The fiber helps satisfy me and I add a little spice for a kick. For example, soba noodles with chicken and vegetables and siracha sauce. I save room for wine at the end of the day or a sweet treat like milk tea and a cookie.

I do not drink soda or eat fast food. It’s not my thing so I’m not tempted. My temptations are french fries, margaritas, chips and salsa, and red wine. At the moment, I’m limiting those a lot.

I am rewarding myself this time around. i just hit my first goal and got some cute new work out clothes. My ultimate reward and what I really want is a reformer machine for home use. We’ll see. I need to figure out a place to put it too. Lol.

I do log daily and my diary is open to friends, so friend me if you want.

Also, try not to get down on yourself. I’ve done that too. But I just remind myself, I’m doing something anout it NOW. And that’s what matters.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I so need help y'all! I am at my wits end with being over weight. I do not want to live this way another day. What type of diet are you following and what works best? I am thinking possibly low carb as I can not seem to limit sweets, soft drinks, etc. What helps you to stay motivated? How do you reward yourself? I lost about 30lbs a few years ago and have gained it and more back, Grrrrrr!!! I could also use friends who are motivating and log daily to help me along. Feel free to add me. Thanks for your help!

I'm just eating a little less and moving a little more.

I found that upping protein, fruit, and fiber makes it easier for me to eat less sweets. I'm not low carb, but I did find reducing carbs helpful.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don’t follow a diet. I found portion control to be key. I try to eat lots of vegetables and have protein with every meal to keep me feeling full. I allow for foods that I crave but again it’s portion control. I just have a few bites of it. I stay under my calorie goal this way. Adding exercise helps. Like people have said. Your eating has to be something you can maintain long term. You have to think of it as a way of life. A healthy lifestyle you’re trying to create. I know I need to exercise more so I’ve made it a goal this month to hit the gym 3X/week. Above all else. Hang in there! It’s hard to form new habits. If it was easy we wouldn’t need support and have forums like this one!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options