Need help!!

Options
Hi everyone! I've been away for 2 weeks! I had my wisdom teeth pulled and my husband had surgery 3 days later. Needless to say I have not exercised in 2 weeks. BUT I have not gained any weight and I think because of all the exercising I've been doing for the last 3 months it has sustained me. I am feeling weaker than before but I am going to get back on the horse today. Has anyone experienced a time away from exercise? Was it really hard to get back?

Replies

• localisap
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been away for 2 weeks! I had my wisdom teeth pulled and my husband had surgery 3 days later. Needless to say I have not exercised in 2 weeks. BUT I have not gained any weight and I think because of all the exercising I've been doing for the last 3 months it has sustained me. I am feeling weaker than before but I am going to get back on the horse today. Has anyone experienced a time away from exercise? Was it really hard to get back?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have not had this happen yet since I've started exercising. However, I know that you can get back into it! You just need to find your motivation (which you probably have even more now) and get back in the saddle. Figure out a routine you want to do and stick to it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Good luck! Maybe someone who's been through this has some better advice. No one had responded yet and I thought I'd pass along a little motivation!!:flowerforyou:

*Kistinbee*
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I find when i am away from exercise for an extended time like that i am more excited to get back into it, so it really is not hard for me. I think it feels good to be doing something after being sick. I would just take it a bit slower though and not push too hard.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    yeah i've stopped exercising at one point in my life. It look me a month to really get back on track... It was hard for me. I'm generally a lazy person.:frown: Good luck.... hopefully you'll find your motivation again
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes. It continues to be hard and I'm not back where I was, or even close. I've been sick three times since Christmas and I'm struggling. I've started playing tennis after work some to supplement my time at the gym but I'm feeling old and sore. On the up side, I'm within 1.6 lbs of my lowest weight so far and I'm determined to break 200 by March 1st!
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Over the holidays I didn't exercise for 2 months! Because of muscle memory I was able to get right back into my regular routine. It was great!
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    I had taken a month off from the gym when I was very ill for about a month. I had to start back slowly because it was hard to get back into the routine I was in before I took the break. It all depends on how you feel when you get in there. Good luck!!!