Herbalife alternatives

Options
So I’ve lost 75 pounds in a year with Herbalife. I know I can’t keep it up forever because it’s expensive! Has anyone found any good alternatives for protein powder and tea? Or some good 200 calorie meals? 😁

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 75 lb loss! For protein powder, what kind of nutrient profile are you looking for (calories/grams of protein)? Might help with brand recommendations, as it can vary widely.
  • vkm3118
    vkm3118 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! 200 calories, 20 grams of protein! I’m breastfeeding so higher protein is preferred.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You might find something here.

https://www.completefoods.co
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    vkm3118 wrote: »
    Thank you! 200 calories, 20 grams of protein! I’m breastfeeding so higher protein is preferred.

Just wanted to check to make sure you ran what you are currently taking by your doctor to ensure it is safe while you are breastfeeding. There have been reports of liver failure while taking herbalife so I'd be surprised if it was breastfeeding-approved.

That study apparently had some science problems and is probably not the best source. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3208182/

But getting the topic back to what the OP is asking:

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey might fit your needs. About 120 calories and 24g protein. I seem to remember that it was less disgusting. Mixing it with milk would up the calories a bit, and I think it makes it taste better. Protein powders and water always seemed to have a horrible aftertaste imo.

I've never done teas, so no advice for you there.

For 200 calorie meals, are you a several small meal a day person because you prefer to eat that way, or was that just part of the plan you were following?
  • vkm3118
    vkm3118 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Just wanted to check to make sure you ran what you are currently taking by your doctor to ensure it is safe while you are breastfeeding. There have been reports of liver failure while taking herbalife so I'd be surprised if it was breastfeeding-approved.

That study apparently had some science problems and is probably not the best source. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3208182/

But getting the topic back to what the OP is asking:

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey might fit your needs. About 120 calories and 24g protein. I seem to remember that it was less disgusting. Mixing it with milk would up the calories a bit, and I think it makes it taste better. Protein powders and water always seemed to have a horrible aftertaste imo.

I've never done teas, so no advice for you there.

For 200 calorie meals, are you a several small meal a day person because you prefer to eat that way, or was that just part of the plan you were following?

It was part of the plan, but also several small meals throughout the day work better for me! Thanks for the article!
  • LucyP12342014
    LucyP12342014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    USN diet fuel mixed with water does me perfectly. I lost 4.5 stone on them.
    200 calorie meals include salads, soups, porridge. I assume you are replacing lunch and breakfast everyday and eating a balanced tea?