PISSED, isn't even the word!!!!!

Options
Ppl are telling me that I have lost a lot of weight. Truth be told, I have not hit the 20lb mark just yet. I know my body has changed but not to my satisfaction. (i hvnt dropped a pants size, yet). My baby sitter's mother asked her if I was on something....I did not know whether to laugh at the comment or be pissed! Once I hung up the phone, i realized that I was more than pissed. This is exactly how rumors get started........SN: Always asking me what I am doing to lose weight and when I tell you, you ASSUME otherwise........PISSED!!!!!:mad:

Replies

• army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    tell them you diet and work out it is that easy. Im cutting right now and you can tell after about month or so and people ask me if im on meds i just tell them im on the meth diet lol
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You may not notice the difference but other people will notice it. I saw the difference in my clothing. They were becoming loser on me.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    that's shady. you should've said, yeah i am high on fitness and energy. Is that the "something" you are talking about.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've had people ask me if I'm sick or on drugs because I've lost weight. What the hell? Is it a crime and automatically an indication of something "wrong" for people to lose weight and get healthy?

Lord. People need a life. Plain and simple.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    :hugs:

I would be offended up p.o'ed too!

I'd say "I'm working my butt off and am offended that you would accuse me of being "on" something!"

Good luck.
    God bless!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Thats terrible, but you know in your heart what is true so brush that off and be you!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I had my doctor ask me once if I was intentionally trying to lose weight...
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry! Honest I giggled to myself a little bit when I read this.

Some people just don't believe you can have the discipline to do it all on your own. Let them think whatever they want. It doesn't dictate who you are and it sure doesn't negate all the hard work you put into it! Even losing 5 or 10 lbs does make a difference. My friends all see it in my face. Maybe you don't feel like it's coming off fast enough but the best way to keep it off is slow and steady.

Just do you and don't worry about everyone else!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Gotta love some people!!!! If changing my life to a healthier one is a drug, then I am hooked!!!!!!! I tell people to check out MFP, it's my saving grace alongwith exercise, healthy food choices, and determination to make a change for my life!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Happens alot. People ask me if I had surgery (gastric bypass) and I tell them nope just plain good old eating right and excerise, then I tell them you should try it. Get's them every time.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    that's shady. you should've said, yeah i am high on fitness and energy. Is that the "something" you are talking about.

I like this one!!
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    People are *kitten*! Sounds to me like she is a little jealous and bitter that you have the motivation to change your lifestyle and your body for the better. If it makes you feel any better some lady asked me yesterday when my baby is due :explode:
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Stay true to yourself. The haters always try to find something wrong with others because they aren't strong enough to improve their own lives.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. It is sad that the people you think would support and celebrate you doing something to better your life would turn so nasty. Been there, seen it, got the shirt...and I'm better because of it! Stick with it, you are doing great!
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    i enjoy telling people i am using this new amazing technique called eat less, move more! lol
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    I get asked daily if i am "well". I tell everyone I am fine but they look at me like there actually is something wrong. I just try to ignore them now when they make the comments. I didn't know losing weight and getting healthy would have everyone wondering. Hang in there. There will always be someone with something to say :)
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I sau F*UCK off to anyone who it's on your support team...

I don't have enough time in the world to deal with stupid...and neither you :wink:

Keep up the great work!!!!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I expect people to be like that. Someone like that always assumes you are losing the 'easy' way, as in drugs or illness, instead of working hard.

Don't let it get you down.

People are dumb.
  • Angelamu77
    Options
    Don't let others get you so worked up. Sometimes people just lack tack or maybe they can't drop weight themselves so they figure others can't.

Just respond what you are doing and let them know that you do not like what they are implying if needed.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on the changes you are making!! Good for you!! As far as rude and insensitive people, I am sorry that happened to you. They are just lazy and can't fathom your progress was all due to hard work. Keep doing what you are doing, it is paying off, and tell them that you obviously care about your body, because you are eating healthy and exercising, and if they need tips to get started just let you know!! :)