Gaining Lots of Weight Is TOTES the New "IT" Thing...

Options

Replies

• CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Denial! Her words are defense mechanisms to prevent the truth. Yes, I love myself. Yes, I am a big woman. Yet, it scares the hell out of me when I am short of breath or perhaps stop breathing at night because of my weight. She does have a point. If she wants to live and die being super big, so be it. It is not me and doesn't affect me.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I think my brain just imploded.
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I actually had to read this mess twice. 2 times bcuz my silly little brain cannot process such bull****.. Outrageous
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    the only thing I have a problem with is that she thinks needing oxygyn and a scooter doesn't make her unhealthy.

The rest of it...eh whatever, it's her life to ruin. Let her live that way and die from it, she clearly doesn't seem to care so why should anyone else? I feel sorry for her family, and I hope she doesn't have children.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    UMMMMMM speachless. I really don't know where to begin. YIKES.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well, I think on one hand, you have a very valid point. I cannot understand at ALL why anyone would want to be that heavy. Sure, if you enjoy being "big" and enjoy food and whatnot, I understand. But ENJOYING being so unhealthy that you need a scooter and oxygen and help getting up? To me, that's just unreal. However, (though I admittedly didn't read her whole argument out of laziness :P) it seems what she is getting at is that you basically shouldn't knock something just because you don't understand it, which I suppose I can agree with. I personally think these women have some sort of death wish to purposely gain all that weight, but I suppose I wouldn't be one to call them crazy for it. If they want to die before they're 40, that's their prerogative I suppose. So, on on hand I agree with you, but on the other I can see her point...as weird as it is for me lol.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wow! I couldn't even read it all. This woman is in denial. She really thinks she's having a quality life, is not a burden on anyone and is healthy?? Unbelievable.....
  • jmcharles52
    jmcharles52 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just... wow.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    A part of me enjoys the luxury of all the pampering

I've spotted the mental disorder.

HAHAHA
  • NRBLANCHARD27
    NRBLANCHARD27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can we say delusional? Definetley motivates me to lose my excess "baggage". There is nothing healthy about having to take medication everyday to keep you from DYING!!!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    There is nothing "sexy" about yeasty fatrolls! This lady is nuts!
  • ScoutMom1
    Options
    I'm speechless. It's very sad really. I sure don't see anything sexy about not being able to wipe your own *kitten*. But whatever floats your boat I guess. Just give me more motivation!!
  • cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    the only thing I have a problem with is that she thinks needing oxygyn and a scooter doesn't make her unhealthy.

The rest of it...eh whatever, it's her life to ruin. Let her live that way and die from it, she clearly doesn't seem to care so why should anyone else? I feel sorry for her family, and I hope she doesn't have children.

Yup ... I agree!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    OMG.

that's a little sickening...in fact, that's just weird.

And a fetish for gaining weight!? SAY WHAT?!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    :huh:

*deep breath* really?! There is so much I could say about this but the best thing I will do is pray for her. I dont really think she is happy I think she has given up hope and has decided to just not give a hoot and enjoy her misery. The idea of teaking a negative and turning it into a positive (like my joking about the largeness of my butt).

Anywayz ... This def deserves to be under motivation! I will be thinking about this as I go walking/ jogging today.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you on your weight loss and lifestyle change!

It seems as if that person has excuse after excuse as to why he/she is fat and is accepting of it. To me, it is selfish and completely insane to accept such a lifestyle. There are several people living short lives to incurable things like cancer, leukemia, etc... And now, I find that there are people who will accept a short life because they want to be FAT? Yes, to me that is very selfish.

My heart goes out to those people that are so depressed that they will accept a short life, daily medications, oxygen, and a lack of independence because they would rather eat excessively.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If you're going to assume a certain lifestyle I think - in some situations at least - one should morally consider the situation that the vast majority of people choose that lifestyle. And if the vast majority of us needed mobility scooters, including the doctors providing the medications, society's infrastructure would collapse. In a sense she IS being selfish, because she is reducing the number of other people who can adopt the same lifestyle without collapsing society and the economy.

I'm not sure if this makes sense but it's more of a philosophical point. I'll leave other people to deal with the obvious ridiculousness...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    being on medications (plural) is not healthy

I'll have to respectfully disagree with that statement, if it's meant as a general thing. I take Paxil every day for severe anxiety, because if I don't, I can't do anything because I get so shaky, out of breath, my heart races to a dangerous pace, etc.