Which compatible apps to use?

Which compatible apps would be recommend to use with MFP? I have a Fitbit Charge 3 that I use and I just to make sure I am getting the most accurate information into the app so I can lose weight.

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Fitbit is the only app I have connected with MPF. It works for me and I find the Fitbit to be quite accurate with calories burned so help with the CICO balancing act.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Fit Bit
    Map My Walk
  • rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    I use Samsung Health to record step calories with just my phone. Works fine.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I have Strava linked to automatically import all my rides and runs.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,379 Member
    chaosfox89 wrote: »
    Which compatible apps would be recommend to use with MFP? I have a Fitbit Charge 3 that I use and I just to make sure I am getting the most accurate information into the app so I can lose weight.

If you have a Charge 3 then you shouldn't really need anything else, unless you have reason to think that it's inflating your calorie burns for exercise. It seems to vary person to person, with some saying that the Fitbit does fine, and others saying their calorie burns seem high.

If you suspect it give you excess calories, you can use other apps that apply to the workouts you do. But be careful not to sync both the Fitbit and other apps unless you remember to delete one of them, since they will show up twice.

If you log your food properly and use a trending weight app, you can compare expected rates of loss to actual, and that might help you figure out if your Fitbit calories are close enough, low, or high.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    I have a FitBit Charge 2 - seems to keep things pretty accurate - and once I got them synched it works pretty good.
  • chaosfox89
    chaosfox89 Posts: 2 Member
    I am sure it is giving inflated calorie counts as it has been saying that I have already burned 600 calories by 5 am everyday which is not possible as I am just waking up at 5. Plus it says that during the work week I am burning 6000 to 7000 calories a day which is definitely not possible.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I am sure it is giving inflated calorie counts as it has been saying that I have already burned 600 calories by 5 am everyday which is not possible as I am just waking up at 5. Plus it says that during the work week I am burning 6000 to 7000 calories a day which is definitely not possible.

That would be a realistic number for the number of kilojoules burned a day though. Calories .... unless you are Superman I suppose.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

You burn calories whilst you sleep too. So the 600 could be accurate depending on your stats. I usually hit around 700 - 800 calories by the time I wake up and my Garmin is reasonably accurate. The 6000 - 7000 calories would be questionable though unless you're quite tall, heavy and doing an extremely active job + exercise during the work week.

I work a desk job, am a little taller than average, obese and female, I am quite active in that even on days I don't work out I get 8-14000 steps in depending on if I am driving/cycling into work and I would consider myself moderately active in terms of workouts. I can burn around 4000 per day on days I am rowing/running.
  • TheCurlyFitChic
    TheCurlyFitChic Posts: 2 Member
    Danp wrote: »
    I have Strava linked to automatically import all my rides and runs.

Does that still work for you? MFP isn't picking up Strava even though I went into both websites to have them connected to one another. FYI, I'm on Android.