Planet Fitness

Options
Anyone else work out at planet fitness? What time do you hit the gym?

Replies

• rgl536
    rgl536 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I go at lunch, usually 1:30 - 2:30 and it's pretty quiet. Can get a good 20-30 minute workout in without having to wait for a machine.
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    I am debating if I want to join . I don't like the fact you have to pay a start up fee ??I mean what is a start up fee ?
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That’s why I never joined bc of the start up fee. But I realized that they offer every November/December a 1yr for $99 with no extra fees. So i jumped on it.
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I joined recently at .25 cent start up/ $10. A month. I am able to do excellent strength training and cardio workouts so far.
  • kh1557
    kh1557 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Taz6o5 wrote: »
    I am debating if I want to join . I don't like the fact you have to pay a start up fee ??I mean what is a start up fee ?

I comply understand that, I thought it was ridiculous as well.
  • kh1557
    kh1557 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    rgl536 wrote: »
    I go at lunch, usually 1:30 - 2:30 and it's pretty quiet. Can get a good 20-30 minute workout in without having to wait for a machine.

I've tried that before and loved that I didn't have to wait. Only thing I hated was the time crunch lol
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I go to an equivalent gym in Canada called buzzfit. I wake up at 230 am to get there by 3 am. Like having a private gym, as I am usually one of 3 people there.
  • Taz6o5
    Options
    I joined recently at .25 cent start up/ $10. A month. I am able to do excellent strength training and cardio workouts so far.

That just shows they are over charging if they offer .25 cents .

How good are the trainers ?
  • doingthisforme16
    doingthisforme16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I typically go about 7:00 pm. There are usually several people working out, but I typically don't have to wait (or wait long) for a machine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

In January they do a $1 start up...then where they get you is March 1 with their "annual fee" of around $40.
  • Taz6o5
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

In January they do a $1 start up...then where they get you is March 1 with their "annual fee" of around $40.

That’s just crazy.
  • tn3sport
    tn3sport Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep. Love it. Go about 4:30 each day. Weights for an hour then “time-out” the treadmill at 65 mins. How bout you?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

That’s just crazy.

But annual and joining fees are extremely common for gyms and for $10 a month should not be a deciding factor. Many credit cards used to have annual fees. (This may still be a thing - it's not for mine.)

Not sure if staff has any flexibility in waving this.
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    They have a few random fees here and there, but the monthly rate is so much less than any other gym in my area that it's worth it to pay the startup and annual fee.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Typically if you ask to waive those fees, they will. Remember, everything is negotiable!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hit Planet Fitness after work around 5:30pm, has gotten really busy since the new year. Don't usually have to wait long to use any machines, plus they have enough variety that I can do something else while waiting.
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I normally go around 9pm not to many people go so I find it perfect as well as recording videos it’s a good time.
  • striving4moretoday
    striving4moretoday Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    love it - I work out between 6and 7 then shower <3 and then off to work.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Now that my kids are older and can be left alone I don’t have to worry about when I can go anymore; so on weekends I try to go around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon. They recently opened a PF 5 min from my work, so 3 days a week I go around 1:00. I luckily have a very flexible boss, so I usually do circuit or 30 min on the treadmill. I’m usually only taking about 5-10 min over my hour lunch break after showering.
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Since it is open around the clock, I use to go at 3:00 Am. The place would be empty.