ahalla
mkaluzny
zukekitty
januarygal
spurradic
ArmyWife1099
MySonsRMarines
lovecola06

This is where we will post the challenges as well as support and motivation for each team member.
I expect all members to post on a regular basis, everyday would be great but I realize that sometimes that is not possible.
I expect all members to get at least 8 glasses of water a day and to come in at or under your target calories.
I expect full participation for all challenges.

Gary has asked to encourage everyone to invest in some 3 or 5 pound dumbbells for the challenge. You can get them for under 10 bucks at Walmart.

Replies

• AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to get started!
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am excited too!!! Can't wait.
  • seballard09
    Options
    Woohoo! Go SAS!
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    woot! woot!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get started!!!:love:
  • MySonsRMarines
    MySonsRMarines Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking the water, already own the dumbbells, and I'm ready to roll!
    September, here I come! Sooooo ready to drop some major POUNDS!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You ladies are great, I am so happy that you are pumped for this! I will need your start weight by 8/30. i would like us to post them on this thread in order to motivate each other when we start posting our losses.

I am hoping to be down another pound next week but I am sitting at 135 right now.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Hard to think about Sept while trying to finish up August, but ready to go! My current weight is 138, but also hope that will be 1lb less next week.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    sounds good and ready to go
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    got it! Thank you

I am so stoked to take on another month. I originally was going to take September off from challenges, but sara's invitation to join a team touched my heart, and flabby tummy.

If we need encouragement, I can write more poetry (although not great poetry)
  • sass30
    Options
    Oh yes please do! I have really enjoyed your little song for August, can't wait to hear the end of it!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Just curious, is this a new way to spell September? ;)
  • sass30
    Options
    Ha! Damn spell check!!!!! I wonder if I can fix it, knowing my luck...probably not.

Nice! Totally screwed on that one, guess I need to slow down and pay attention. funny thing, it's like the 3rd time today I have done that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • spurradic
    Options
    hey mkaluzny, did you make the team 'signature' picture?
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    yes
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Sara or anybody - do you know how we are supposed to log in the intervals and HIIP exercises? Is someone going to add them to the data base. I do not have a HRM and have no idea how many calories these will burn.
  • spurradic
    Options
    i love the desgin of the signature picture! :) was wondering if/when you have time if you'd make one that looks the same but with the words going across vertically instead of up and down?
  • spurradic
    Options
    ive noticed a lot of people log the intervals and hiip exercises as aerobics high impact or calesthenics vigourus? i dont know if that's the best option or not...just an observation :)
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! I am really excited about starting this challenge. When will it officially start? What exercises do we do when it starts? Is it something that is posted weekly or daily? I guess I'm just kind of confused about the "rules." If anyone could take the time to explain it to me, I'd really appreciate it:flowerforyou:
    I am definitely ready to drop some weight next month!
  • sass30
    Options
    ive noticed a lot of people log the intervals and hiip exercises as aerobics high impact or calesthenics vigourus? i dont know if that's the best option or not...just an observation :)

HIIT may be logged as aerobics high impact or circuit training, I am not sure how accurate it will be if you are not using a HRM. I found that I burned more than MFP said with a lot of exercises and with some MFP was way to generous in the amount of calories burned.
    For those that are interested you can pick up a cheap HRM for around 30 bucks, check out Amazon.com, oh and get the one with the chest strap.