Post workout: Egg and banana

Options
Hello,
I'm new on a weight loss journey. Just wanted to know whether a boil egg and a banana together be eaten after workout session.
Can anyone help me out???

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want. Weight loss comes down to calories. What you eat affects health and satiety. I would personally think an egg and a banana would be a nice little mix of carbs, protein, and fat. Just log it :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but I'm genuinely curious why you think this might be a problem?
  • Jovia_j
    Jovia_j Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but I'm genuinely curious why you think this might be a problem?

Actually I'm a new to this journey. Don't know much about the mixture and collaboration of food. I don't want to ruin my workout effort cz while I've a PCOD, it really hurts to do 90 min HIIT & don't see even an inch loss.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Eggs and bananas are in my rotation for post workout food. They have good nutrients and some protein and carbs.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    wajeeha_j wrote: »

Actually I'm a new to this journey. Don't know much about the mixture and collaboration of food. I don't want to ruin my workout effort cz while I've a PCOD, it really hurts to do 90 min HIIT & don't see even an inch loss.

You don't really need to concern yourself with either food timing or combination as long as your overall diet is balanced with a focus on hitting your calorie and protein targets. Worrying about mixing and collaboration of foods is majoring in the minors.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about combination or timing. Just worry about total amount. To be frank, the vast majority of us recreational exercise & weight loss candidates do not work out hard enough nor long enough to make specific nutrition choices worth the effort.

You're fine to eat whatever you want after a workout if you're hungry but you do not actually have to eat anything after a workout specifically to 'replenish' or 'build'. It's fine to wait until your next scheduled meal.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Don't worry about combination or timing. Just worry about total amount. To be frank, the vast majority of us recreational exercise & weight loss candidates do not work out hard enough nor long enough to make specific nutrition choices worth the effort.

You're fine to eat whatever you want after a workout if you're hungry but you do not actually have to eat anything after a workout specifically to 'replenish' or 'build'. It's fine to wait until your next scheduled meal.

^^^ pretty much this unless you become a serious endurance athlete but generally speaking assuming you're eating enough carbs your glycogen is fully replenished in under a day.