What are your love/hate exercises?

Options
2»

Replies

• andykaag
    andykaag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love: plank (side plank too), steps ups (min 50 cm support), russian twists, scissors, side lunges, kick boxing, treadmill, jumping jacks...

Do not hate much of exercices but avoid a lot of them depending of the shape I am looking for. I have quite large shoulders and I gain muscles easily on this part of my body 🤨
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Inch worms. And I don't know what they are called but you hold a weight, have one foot planted on the floor and lift the other leg behind you while bringing the weight in your hand to the floor. Then slowly bring the weight up and the lifted leg back down.
    ETA- If I had read the thread first instead of posting right away I would see those are called Single Leg Romanian Dead Lifts.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics, because I have no real "power" in my legs and can't jump for crap, but I know if I am persistent I will improve in this area and it will ultimately help me become a better runner.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    This quid a no brainer for me - - burpees.
  • mummy_h
    mummy_h Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love swimming
  • Mk2wagn
    Mk2wagn Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Love and hate leg day :#:p
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'll also throw in preacher curls & any general forearm exercises (pinwheel curl, reverse curl, etc.)...mainly because these exercises can give a sick pump to the point of being uncomfortable & actually impairing the remainder of the workout (yeah forget about trying to do pullups after performing these movements)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    lunges, bulgarian split quats, BLEHHHHHHH. Glute bridges and majority of other glute exercises BLEEEEHHHH. But I need to do them because now other things are suffering due to my weak buttocks.

deadlifts - LOVE. upper body things that make me look like a beast in the mirror while working out? LOOOOVE.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Overhead chest press. Only because I have way more lower body strength than upper, and it frustrates me.
  • Quelana
    Quelana Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hate russian twists because they give me motion sickness (I'm quite susceptible to it). Lunges and squats would be fine if my knees weren't always killing me after the first set, so I gotta take it easy and use lighter weights, which makes me feel like I don't do enough.

LOVE all upper body exercises.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Single leg goblet box squats are the worst. I don't program them very often but when I do, ouch. Second is pull-ups, then any type of ab work.. bleck!
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Assisted pull ups and push ups. They’re so necessary but I hate doing them. I enjoy lunges, I’m super quad centric though.

Oh and Turkish Get Ups. Don’t like em but once you’re done you feel like you just conquered the world.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,763 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike. The minutes just drag past! But I know it's a good exercise for cross training with running, and because it's difficult and my legs are so shaky afterwards it must be doing me some good.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Single leg goblet box squats are the worst. I don't program them very often but when I do, ouch. Second is pull-ups, then any type of ab work.. bleck!

I have never even heard of single leg goblet box squats. That just sounds painful LOL.

After reading all of these replies I think I need to double down on the quad work. That seems to be the most hated and it is for me which tells me I just need to improve the heck out of it. Thanks for all the feedback folks
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hate: Leg Day
    Love: Not Leg Day
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    hate weight lifting
    love running, aerial stuff aside from (split) silks
  • iseewholewheat
    iseewholewheat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love: anything core, squats, swimming, most lower body exercises
    Hate: lunges, tricep dips (I seriously have a mental block on these,) most upper body things, running