Losing PCOS weight

Options
Over the last 2-3 years I have gained about 20 lbs from pcos plus had my daughter . Any tips ?

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Put your stats into MFP, set a reasonable deficit, and eat the number of calories it gives you. If you exercise, eat about half of those calories back. You just need to be accurate (use a food scale) and consistent.
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and lost 130 lbs. Try making your macros 25% carb, 25 % fat and 50% protein. Carbs should be fiber filled and not fast acting (sugar, juice etc) .Be active with steady state cardio like a 45 min walk a day- do easy to moderate hills at a good pace. Weigh train 5x a week for 30-45 min adding in so HIIT moves between sets. Most of all start slow and change one thing at a time. I now follow a version of AIP diet and have a few things added back in. PCOS ladies are known for developing gluten intolerance so eliminate if you can. Have your B12 and iron check as well.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. Have lost half of the almost 70 pounds I needed to lose. Calorie counting has worked just fine for me. I don't limit carbs or gluten, although some women with PCOS are insulin resistant and lose better with a lower carb diet.

Exercise is great for health but not required for weight loss.