HURRICANE!!

Replies

• BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Beware, if you use a treadmill! I've heard horror stories (humiliation stories) about sudden power outages while on the treadmill leading to very injured pride!

Oh My.

Read my blog, there is a story in there as to why you dont want to run on a treadmill during thunder storms LOL.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Pffffffffft weather phenomenon never occur in Southern Ontario.
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Central Florida here. Where is the party at guys??? lol

In Central Florida also. Real Floridians don't even start thinking about hurricanes until we see a few trailers flying overhead. Until then, life goes on as usual.

LMAO. Totally true.
  • In Orlando... Not worried about this hurricane at all. But they will be selling out of plywood at Home Depot and water and Groceries at Publix. Its good for the economy.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Latest track has it skimming you guys and wreaking havoc in the Carolinas and the MId-Atlantic area.

Oh goodie. Don't get me wrong; we need the rain, but when it's this dry, things go from nothing to flood level in about five minutes. Maybe the havoc won't be a bad one. *fingers crossed* Although there's really no telling at this point.

We are dry in Northern Virginia as well. We happen to have a place on the beach in Delaware and there are a few tracks that have it skimming the Delmarva peninsula. I am watching very closely at this point.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Charleston SC here, looks like we might be in the path too..

I live in Charleston as well...im hoping we dont get it too bad because my fridge and pantry are COMPLETELY empty at the moment :sad:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member

I live in Charleston as well...im hoping we dont get it too bad because my fridge and pantry are COMPLETELY empty at the moment :sad:

Fridge/freezer being empty is not a bad thing if the power goes out. When you hit the grocery store just stick to non-perishables and fruit/veggies that don't need to be refrigerated.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member

Now Hugo, that was a freaking HURRICANE. Worse storm I was in my entire life.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member

Now Hugo, that was a freaking HURRICANE. Worse storm I was in my entire life.

Hugo...ahh i remember that one well...i was age 1 hahahaha :laugh:
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Yep, Boca Raton here. Guess I won't be going for a run that day, although it might make for some good cardio.
  • Central fl here as well...Ocala area.horse country.welcome the rain & the party! The power outages not so much! we do have a generator so we're good! Hoping not to get a severe hit. I think of all the exercise will get cleaning up the tree branches!
    Have a great day be safe!
    Always accepting friend requests from positive people ...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Left Florida after Andrew...

Can anyone tell me why they renamed Cutler Ridge? I'm sure I could look this up, but I'm lazy.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Thankfully, I am inland in western NC - protected by the mountains. I feel for the people in Charleston SC and Savannah GA though. Hope you all are going to be safe and the storm just skims by and drops some rain and nothing else!!
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Central Florida here. Where is the party at guys??? lol

In Central Florida also. Real Floridians don't even start thinking about hurricanes until we see a few trailers flying overhead. Until then, life goes on as usual.

Haha, THIS. I'm in Tampa. Looks like it will be a Redbox weekend.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Southern most point of FL here, and hoping it passes us by as i just moved here in July and am SOOOOOO NOT prepared for a hurrican yet since we're BROKE!!!! It's "supposed" to blow by us (keeping fingers and toes crossed), but i'm a little worried about my inlaws in Charleston :frown:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Hoping the storm doesn't take the path torwards the Carolinas. :ohwell:
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member

Me either. I was hoping for a decent weekend but now its more than Likely going to be nasty in Charlotte this weekend. I hope this storm doesnt cause to much damage to peoples lives.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Me either. I was hoping for a decent weekend but now its more than Likely going to be nasty in Charlotte this weekend. I hope this storm doesnt cause to much damage to peoples lives.
    We had tornados touch down last week, ridiculous amount of damage all around my house (thankfully nothing too bad on my own property) a hurricane ripping thru the already damaged town is the last thing we need. *fingers crossed*
  • I fortunately live in a place protected by what I call a Pocket... I'm very close to kennedy space center (one of many reasons KSC was built here... Good weather!). Anyway, latest track has it not affecting me, just some wind and rain, so im sure i will be stuck at work and the kids in school for it :/
    and for whoever said something of concern about me being excited for a major hurricane... Well, when i made the first post, it was not a "major storm" and showed no indication of it. It was barely a hurricane at the time. It still is not a major storm, although predicitons put it as such when it turns into a cat 3. Cat 3 does not scare me. You may be a weather forecaster, but I am a native Floridian. After the house is secure, we sit on the porch in the eye of the storm and take pictures. However, now that it is a FOUR , I do not like that. Cat 4 IS serious, and I am thankful the path has her going parallel to us, and hope the people in the carolinas who it hits at a 4 are prepared.
    and the person who said we dont worrty til the trailers are flying over head.. SO TRUE! LOL
    Our stores here still have lots of supplies on the shelves... I actually felt silly when i went to buy water (we are out of the bottled water for the baby's bottles!), like "oh no, they think i am freaking out..."
  • In St. Petersburg! Not worried at all.. there is an old urban legend around St. Pete saying that because of the ancient indian burial grounds, all the hurricanes stay away. Look it up! St. Pete hasn't been hit directly in the last 100 years! But a hurricane party would be fun to go to :)