Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    felt it in CT. super freaky, I've never felt one before
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Fairfax VA...holy **** that was crazy scary!!! First and hopefully last earthquake!!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    We felt it here at my work in Downtown Detroit. Good to know the earth still has some love for the D :-D
  • bjhadden
    bjhadden Posts: 120
    Options
    We felt it while we were napping. We were literaly shook awake!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

Hope that doesn't mean the long overdue New Madrid fault I'm on may be getting ready. :noway:

Same here! I am in Missouri!

I remember a few years ago when that hit in the am (in IL here), there were so many crazy reports about bridges collapsed in Chicago and ST. Louis. Dont beleive everything you hear or read for at least the first hour is my advice.

Hope everyone is ok.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My office is just up the street from the USGS building, they say 5.9. I'm outside DC in Reston. We have to get our building structure checked...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Only people from out of town would have noticed that one where I live....

It's my favorite retrosexual! where have you been hiding? :)
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm in northeast Maryland. I felt it!! My stuff in the cabinets shook, furniture moved and we ran out the door! Husband works in DC and was driving ... so he felt nothing. My BFF lives in Richmond and she's fine .. no damage to her house. And she has power and phones!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    New York City, I am walking out of my office my boss turns to me and says "did someone say to evacuate" HE11 NO! But the building is shaking I am going outside. Now when we establish that it is not my building's foundation, and then there is no structural damage I will go back inside. And I did.
  • Fochizzy
    Options
    Albany NY and it was a 2.2 here! Scared the crap out of me and it was even a bad one!!!!! But NY doesnt get things like that

Oooh, that means my sister should of felt it
  • jeffrife
    jeffrife Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Had fun in Philly!
  • Fochizzy
    Options
    Philly here. Yes, building shook a bit.

Lol my brother should of felt it too. Three siblings hundreds of mile between them all feeling the earthquake
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    PA - was walking down the street and somehow missed it! lol

Everyone else in town felt it though and were all outside when I was walking back to my office. My only explanation for this is that I must bounce too much when I walk or it happened when I sort of "ran" across the street to avoid getting hit by a KIA. ;)
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just gas... I felt it!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    At work at Newark Airport - Yup felt both rumbles and watched things fall off the shelves then I grabbed and headed for the stairs - they evacuated the airport - I thought that meant I could go home but NO...... stay and do more work - like I can think - I feel dizzy.......
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel it, but several people in downtown Evansville, Indiana felt it. They even evacuated a building. I have several friends in Illinois who felt it as well. Crazy, crazy.

I've experienced a few earthquakes in my lifetime and they scare the heebie jeebies out of me. I would gladly take a tornado ANY day over an earthquake. *shudders*
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I live just outside of Richmond, Virginia. I DEFINITELY felt it. I was sitting and watching tv. The windows, floors, and walls were shaking VERY loudly. I ran outside and the tv went out. Cell phones were out for a long time.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Same here ^^ I can't believe how wide spread this thing was!! CRAZY! I was sitting in a Panera and it sounded like a train at first, then the building started to shake. Go figure I was sitting right next to a window and my reaction time was so slow, I just sat there!! Thank God everyone is okay!
  • kwinty37
    kwinty37 Posts: 66
    Options
    I was at work here in NC and felt it!!! It was crazy!!! I thought I was sick or something.... and it was a crazy earthquake!!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Umm, yeah felt it and it was a lot freaky. We evacuated our building just to be safe. Eastern Shore of Maryland.