Body fat estimation (pics)

Options
Hello everyone
I don't have access to a dexa scan so I can't rely on accuracy
I have an impedance scale that measures me at 26% body fat (I only use this feature to see the trend of body fat going down as I know it's not accurate)
The pics I found to eyeball the bf on a woman seem really weird to me and I can't figure out on what range I am now. I still see myself at 167lb

Could you give me you opinion based on those pics? Does 26% seem possible to you?
Thank you xhcznztci4ru.jpg
bhj2wnix06ra.jpg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    25-26% looks about right to me.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would have guessed slightly lower, 23-24%
  • BaguetteChaude
    BaguetteChaude Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you for your answers
    @sardelsa thank you ! Only 3lb to my vanity weight feels like i finally see the light lol
  • BaguetteChaude
    BaguetteChaude Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    First of all, I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone who is willing to put their body out in public for evaluation. That is brave.

I have to admit that I thought about it for a few hours before posting because I wouldn't normally post a pic of myself like that. But I don't trust my eyes and wanted a feedback soo.... Haha
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

I agree with the 23-26% range. If it's any consolation, you're never going to get an exact reading from a DEXA scan either beyond this type of margin of error, so visual estimations and tape measure estimations are good enough.
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Try myshape.fitness (google it) - you can enter just a few measurements and it will calculate your body fat % (and track your body shape with a 3D avatar). Great for monitoring trends like you said.
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work focus on your goal and succeed.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I would have guessed 23% or so. You look good.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,638 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You're looking awesome!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I thought 23%. No matter what the numbers say, you look beautiful.
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great - I'm definitely higher than you. Feel free to add me and check out the pics I posted and give me your best guesses, too!
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ditto the low 20s