New at losing weight. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

Options
So this is my first real time that I am trying and going to lose the weight. I have let myself go since my early teens. So I am really unsure on how to go about to lose the weight the right way. Any advice from any one would be helpful.

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1) Don't set an aggressive deficit - select a moderate one - like the smallest one they give you as option in MFP.

2) Weigh and log ALL your food. And your drink! Liquid calories are killers!

3) Don't be too impatient - it takes time. But slow and steady wins the race. On this note - the scale thing - don't get too upset by it. If you choose to weigh every day use a trend app such as Happy Scale to track the TREND. it will fluctuate all over the place on a daily basis, so really try not to let it upset you when you've had a "good day" and then you step on the scale and you're up 2 kg overnight. The trend app is quite useful. Or use one of those period apps that has a weight entry option - they help you see when your weight fluctuates based on cycle too

4) Do some exercise - whatever you enjoy.

5) Walking - the basic 10K steps per day

6) good luck! You've got this! :)
  • dhart05
    dhart05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Find something that’s active that you enjoy. When we were kids we were so much stronger cause we played on monkey bars and ran and jumped and did all that but in reality it was all just us being active and having fun. If you can find something you enjoy doing it won’t feel like work. I play roller derby for activity and it’s hard but so fun.
  • spanishdoors
    spanishdoors Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't change too many things too drastically all at once. Pick one thing to improve at a time, get used to it, then add another. I.e. don't go from chicken nuggets to tofu stir fry, don't try to kick a 20 year smoking habit then train for a marathon. Baby steps.