Anyone doing weight watchers ?

Options
I've been doing weight watchers for 3 weeks now i lost a 1lb the 1st week and 2lb last week but i've followed the plan right again and i have lost nothing and gained !! I'm so upset this week cos i tried so hard again :-( has this happened to anyone else ? i have around 25lb to lose it seems to be so far away right now :-(

Replies

• cheryl72076
    Options
    Awwww staceyb_2003 dont beat yourself up:flowerforyou: ...once you're body realizes what you're trying to do it will kick into gear!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs doing WW, it works. HOWEVER you might be counting a bit different from me. Friend me if you would like. Is your diary open for us to see?
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I lost about 45 pounds doing WW a few years ago. Got tired of the points counting. Have no idea about this new Momentum program so can't really help you there. Your body will kick into gear soon. Takes a bit to adjust. Good luck!
  • klmh614
    klmh614 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was doing weight watchers. I stopped only because I could not afford the monthly fee anymore. I did it for a couple weeks and I lost around 5 lbs. I just cancelled and then I found this site and I lost 2.8 lbs in my first week. I find MFP to be very similar to WW. Even though you are counting calories instead of points I have found that I am eating almost the same amount of food.

Keep trying and don't give up. I gave up on WW and in those weeks I did not lose any weight so just keep trying.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've been following the points etc properly i'm just upset i have not lost this week did you have weeks when you followed religiously and still did not lose ?
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago...I quit when I slowly started gaining weight. I did weight watchers a few years ago (points program,) and lost a lot of weight. Now with fruits and vegetables not counting on plan, it doesnt make sense to me. If you eat the recommended servings of 5+ per day, you could eat 500 to 1000 calories a day that you aren't meaning to. Anyway, I decided to just try calorie counting and it seems to be working better for me. :flowerforyou:
  • lynchiebaby
    Options
    I used weight watchers to lose my first stone and it worked for me after i had a baby, it took awhile and i was consistently up and down but in the end i got there and was so happy. Now i have joined a gym 5yrs later:laugh: and this is working for me now.

Keep going with the hard work and believe me you will be delighted in the end. try to get in the daily exercise aswell if you are not already doing that, changing it up abit i think does always help too,so your body doesn't build up a resistance to doing the same thing all the time.

Good luck with it all:wink:
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    I did it a few months ago...I quit when I slowly started gaining weight. I did weight watchers a few years ago (points program,) and lost a lot of weight. Now with fruits and vegetables not counting on plan, it doesnt make sense to me. If you eat the recommended servings of 5+ per day, you could eat 500 to 1000 calories a day that you aren't meaning to. Anyway, I decided to just try calorie counting and it seems to be working better for me. :flowerforyou:

I do eat loads of salad and veg thats possibly where i'm going wrong ? i'm having fruits n vegs with every meal... i think the way they see it is they are free as your body uses more cals burning it ?
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I followed the plan strictly I lost weigh like crazy. I was also working out too. The more I lost the more I worked out. I still do the old plan therefore counting my fruits. Most days my sugar is high on MFP because I eat a lot of fruit. Good luck, are you logging everything? You could have your leader look over your diet and make suggestions.
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    I was doing weight watchers. I stopped only because I could not afford the monthly fee anymore. I did it for a couple weeks and I lost around 5 lbs. I just cancelled and then I found this site and I lost 2.8 lbs in my first week. I find MFP to be very similar to WW. Even though you are counting calories instead of points I have found that I am eating almost the same amount of food.

Keep trying and don't give up. I gave up on WW and in those weeks I did not lose any weight so just keep trying.

I'm using the app on my HTC phone x
  • cinny123
    Options
    Hello. I started WW in March 2011 and to date have only lost 8.4 lbs. But with being a Type 1 Diabetic it is really hard to keep everything together (diet, exercise, insulin requirements) and still lose. So now instead of counting points I count calories and last week alone I lost 3.4 lbs. I have found that the MFP calorie counting is very similar to diabetic meal plan (calorie wise) and it seems to be working for me. I have bought a treadmill and starting walking a little bit on it too. Everything seems to be coming together now so just keep on track and you will see it too.

Thanks
    Cinny123
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I "attend" ww but only for the friends and make it my confirmed weigh in.........when you can eat all the fruits and veggies and not count it.........the calories still count and I wasn't losing well at all.......until I started counting calories here........for a while I did both, points and calories.........now I just do calories here. I'm losing much better.
  • Julieta17
    Options
    I know its hard especially the weeks when you know you did perfect and then you don’t see results! It can be very upsetting, just keep up the good work. Stay focused on the 6 lbs you’ve already lost and soon it will be 10, then 15, then 20!
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    i've switched back to mfp :-)