Question about IF

Options
What do you do if you are hungry during your fasting stage? Sometimes I can wait until noon to eat and other days I’m starving at 10. I need 8 hours of an eating window. How does everyone deal with this?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    maybe start with a bigger eating window and reduce it over time?
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello Jennifer...Sometimes I drink green tea..matcha powder. Water, or sometimes even a diet coke, come zero as this doesn't elevate my blood glucose. But everyone is different
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    It's 9:11 now. I had two cups of water before I took the twins to school. Now I'm having a diet coke....But by no means should you drink diet coke if it's going to raise your blood glucose.
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    "Coke" zero
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Drink water and stay busy, remind myself of what I allowed myself to become in the past when I allowed my strong desire for food to be the boss.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    What do you do if you are hungry during your fasting stage? Sometimes I can wait until noon to eat and other days I’m starving at 10. I need 8 hours of an eating window. How does everyone deal with this?

When I do IF, which is not all the time, a cup of black coffee about 2 hours before my eating window opens does the trick.

• lleeann2001
    Options
    Drink water and stay busy, remind myself of what I allowed myself to become in the past when I allowed my strong desire for food to be the boss.

Yes I concur heavily!!! Sometimes that hunger motivates me, you know? I think of my body burning calories and or fat. I am also so very encouraged by the comments on how IF has helped others lose. I like reading of other's experiences with it. And before anyone comments , I already know that IF isn't for everyone.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I hear you...I stop eating at about 5:30 p.m. and do not eat until lunch! Often I am hungry at 7 a.m...but I just push thru it. I keep telling myself that I will not die from feeling hunger..lol! It seems to help.

• lleeann2001
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    I hear you...I stop eating at about 5:30 p.m. and do not eat until lunch! Often I am hungry at 7 a.m...but I just push thru it. I keep telling myself that I will not die from feeling hunger..lol! It seems to help.

good on you!!! i wish you continued success
  • whitelightning2018
    whitelightning2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work out first thing in the morning and take caffeine after, not before. Crushes my appetite. I take caffeine tablets because I can’t drink coffee without sugar
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I’m feeling hungry I put on teeth whitening strips 😂 can’t eat with those on!
  • dystinykern
    dystinykern Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to do a little workout when I'm hungry before my eat time and drink a bottle of water.