I would love some new friends who are into strength training :)

Options
rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
Brief intro- in the last 1.5 years I have lost 165+ pounds (200 from my highest) and have been maintaining my weight for almost 7 months now. About a year ago I started running and exercising, and that has slowly morphed into being a "weight lifter". I no longer run, but I love strength training, lifting, etc. and I live, sleep and breathe the gym. I eat a 2000-4000 calories a day and I don't eat "clean". I'm working on continuing to build muscle and get stronger.

I would love to have some like-minded MFP friends. If this lifestyle appeals to you and you want to be friends, please add me. I would love the support and would love to support you as well. If this is not your thing, that's okay too!

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Hi already friend :)
  • travelerscode
    travelerscode Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm kind of at the tail end of where you are now. I got to 211 and about 11% body fat, with a powerlifting total of 1305. Then I went on a run one day and my shins felt like exploding after half a mile. So I started running again. Still have to eat a lot though(no rest days), and I definitely prescribe to IIFYM.
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    FR sent! I run and lift
  • SarahObrien2017
    SarahObrien2017 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love lifting weights!:)
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Sent FR.
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    FR sent
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I strength train 4x/week and do some cardio pretty much every day because my job mostly involves sitting on my butt.

I love trail running but don't live in a place at the moment where that's an option, so mostly it's just lifting and the elliptical at the moment. I do the cardio so I can continue to eat as much as I did when I was running a few times a week - eating less is not a sustainable option for me :D
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Hi. We're already friends but I'll bump your thread. I like lifting and feeling stronger. Lifting has really helped change my body and heal my "bad" back.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    30 pounds down from now, I'm actually going to try to build some real muscle, so it actually would be great to have the resources, sure!
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    PM’d to add as a friend
  • RollieThomson
    RollieThomson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request I'm addicted to lifting weights as well.
    LOL. Cheers.πŸ‹οΈπŸ‹οΈπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. I believe that weight lifting is the key to success both short and long term. When I decided to get serious about weight loss I dusted off the weight set and started right away! Lets do it! About a month ago I posted to the MFP Family there thoughts on good weight lifting sites and got a great response. I will see if I can send the link to you.
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat as much as you but I love weights!!
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like πŸ˜‰