HCG Diet

Options

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all your opinions, but that is all they are is opinions!! I posted this so that I would hopefully get to know other people that have done or are doing this diet and to see how it went for them, NOT to hear all your negative comments and opinions!! Please if you havnt done this diet, do not respond!!! This is my body and I will do what I think is best and believe me if I have any negative side affects I will stop!!!!!

See you back here, at square one, in a few months.....

Actually why don't you just cut out the 500 calories all together? Hey, just stick to the magic drops?!!! That will really make you lose TONS of weight in just 1-2 weeks! I mean, what are 500 calories anyways, minus will just starve while you're at it! F-a-s-t r-e-s-u-l-t-s.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I heard you can lose weight really fast with that! And taking the supplement tricks your body so you don't have the same discomfort as you would with an ordinary starvation diet!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If someone said they were going on a 500 calorie a day diet without "HCG drops" most people would immediately think "eating disorder".

HCG drops have been shown to contain little to no real HCG and have been proven ineffectual time and again by reputable peer reviewed medical journals. (Note: "Pounds and Inches" is marketing material and NOT a scientifically valid position paper)

I don't understand how adding a placebo to a disordered eating plan makes it suddenly acceptable.

*shrugs*
  • bellaxero
    Options
    Hey, i did the HCG diet, and im just fine and stabalizing.. I lost 20 lbs in 36 days and im in phase 4 right now with NO problems.. Everyone just assumes its a terrible fad diet becuase they dont understand how it works. YES eating 500 cals a day you will drop weight but when you dont take the drops, you pull the wrong kind of fat and you will be STARVING. I was only hungry the first day and it was NOT ravenous dying, just a mild pang every once in a while.. I just cant believe how many rude people there are on here...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If someone said they were going on a 500 calorie a day diet without "HCG drops" most people would immediately think "eating disorder".

HCG drops have been shown to contain little to no real HCG and have been proven ineffectual time and again by reputable peer reviewed medical journals. (Note: "Pounds and Inches" is marketing material and NOT a scientifically valid position paper)

I don't understand how adding a placebo to a disordered eating plan makes it suddenly acceptable.

*shrugs*
    negative nancy...
  • bellaxero
    Options
    My hair was always thin to begin with and i heard about this before i started the diet.. i just took biotin everyday and ive been fine, matter of fact my hair THICKENED.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hey, i did the HCG diet, and im just fine and stabalizing.. I lost 20 lbs in 36 days and im in phase 4 right now with NO problems.. Everyone just assumes its a terrible fad diet becuase they dont understand how it works. YES eating 500 cals a day you will drop weight but when you dont take the drops, you pull the wrong kind of fat and you will be STARVING. I was only hungry the first day and it was NOT ravenous dying, just a mild pang every once in a while.. I just can beleive how many rude people there are on here...

In all my years of schooling to work in the field I do, I never learned about "right" and "wrong" kinds of fat. Could you please elaborate, since you seem to be much more informed than I am? I'm very interested to know what the difference is!
  • Cheryoze
    Cheryoze Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who tried this after exercise did not get her past her goal of losing past the 135 lb mark. Mind you she is 5'5". Now that she has lost 20 more lbs on her medium sized frame her elbows, knees and shoulders make her look unhealthy to me. She looks as though she has lost too much weight and is no longer exercising like she used to. I believe she has lost the muscle tone she once had. Something to keep in mind.
  • jwhitnah
    Options
    My wife tried this HCG diet. It was brutal. She liked it at the time and lost about 15lbs. The draw backs to the diet were that she coupled that with only eating about 500 calories per day. My thought was who would not lose weight eating 500 calories per day. The other draw back is that she was not allowed to work out while on the HCG diet. Which again doesn't make since to me. She finally convinced me to try it and I just could not stomach the drops. Plus they burned my mouth when placing the drops under my tounge.

In the end like most diets she stopped that and then gained the weight right back.

We've gone traditional now and are loving the results. We are eating smaller, healther, more frequent meals (nothing after 7:00PM) and exercising and are doing great.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all your opinions, but that is all they are is opinions!! I posted this so that I would hopefully get to know other people that have done or are doing this diet and to see how it went for them, NOT to hear all your negative comments and opinions!! Please if you havnt done this diet, do not respond!!! This is my body and I will do what I think is best and believe me if I have any negative side affects I will stop!!!!!

Facts aren't opinions, cupcake. Doesn't matter how much you don't want this stuff to be true, it is. But good luck ingesting the extract of someone else's urine.
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    Thank you so much bellaxero for the positive words of encouragement!!! I also cannot believe all the rude people on here, cant stand people like that and they need to mind their own business and if you cant say anything nice dont say nothing at all =:) I just wanted to find people on here that have tried the HCG diet and how it went or is going for them!! Again thanks!!!!!
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options

So you're saying you prefer untestable anecdotal evidence as opposed to what countless studies and doctors actually say? :noway:

^^^THIS! Please people if you do not want public opinion DO NOT post a topic on an open forum, you will get every opinion out there and that is the risk you take by knowingly posting one.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    What would a typical meal plan be like for a 500 calorie diet? Does a person who enjoys food just go right into eating 500 calories with no cravings or similar issues? The will power for that just magically appears?

I couldn't do it. My morning smoothie alone is around 425ish cals. Can't imagine that and half a banana as what I eat all freaking day. The only will power that would magically appear for me would be the will power to launch my *kitten* over the desk at my coworkers if they looked at me funny on this diet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Hey, i did the HCG diet, and im just fine and stabalizing.. I lost 20 lbs in 36 days and im in phase 4 right now with NO problems.. Everyone just assumes its a terrible fad diet becuase they dont understand how it works. YES eating 500 cals a day you will drop weight but when you dont take the drops, you pull the wrong kind of fat and you will be STARVING. I was only hungry the first day and it was NOT ravenous dying, just a mild pang every once in a while.. I just cant believe how many rude people there are on here...
    Lol, pull the wrong kind of fat? You mean if you didn't take the drops you'd pull brown fat? Please, there are studies that have confirmed much more than you think you know. It'd be naive of you to think that was just fat you were losing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Actually studies were linked. Studies are from actually experiments done with the drug. You can choose to ignore them.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea!!!

Eat your REGULAR amount of calories WHILE taking the urine drops. If you lose more weight than you would have... then the drops work. Feel free to proceed however you want. BUT If you don't magically lose any more weight... the drops are a fraud and it's only the 500 calorie diet that is causing weight loss. In which case, why pay the money?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I like that giant red feather on your head. It looks fluffy.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    If I could only eat 500 calories a day, I would definately lose weight, too. IF I had the will power to do that..... :(
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    HCG is a complete scam.
    Good luck with the weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.