Morning workout, what do you do after?

Options
Hi
I do an 1-1.5hrs in the gym most mornings. Body weight excersises HIIT or strength training but I get very tired after and could quite easily go to sleep! but I don't. I pick myself up eventually and carry on with my day lol.
So what's your routine after excersise?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I go to work. I only have time for about 40-45 minutes for my work outs during the work week so it’s hard to exhaust myself, lol.
  • keithwp99
    keithwp99 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Depending on the intensity or duration of the exercise, I will usually eat a bevita for carb replacement. I usually have a BCAA drink as part of my exercise. Then a much larger breakfast after shower. Then to work.

I know some folks swear by caffeine but that will negatively effect my tummy...

How are you fueling before your exercise?
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I usually come home and have a big, delicious dinner.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I usually come home and have a big, delicious dinner.

Me too. I workout from roughly 5:15-6:15pm then get kids from gym daycare and head home for dinner. :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    on the rare occassion i get up
    shower and nap. i have to have time for a nap since i have a sleep disorder.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Eat, write programming for the people I coach, relax, prep dinner.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Generally, I come home, eat breakfast/recovery meal and then head out to work a short bit later.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I go usually at 4:45 a.m. and home by 6:15 so for me it is coffee, refuel, shower, play with kids, get ready for work. Chauffer kids to school/daycare. Get to work. Teach 8 hours and then...

I meal prep on Sundays and night before. I take a rest day on Wednesday or Thursday.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I’d be wiped too if I spent 1-1.5 hrs at the gym. I typically only work out for 30-40 mins. Otherwise I wouldn’t go to the gym, it’d more of a chore for me versus something I enjoy.
  • doctornayaka
    doctornayaka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My morning workouts tend to be in the 45 minute range. I shower, eat a carb-protein balance and then get to work. I wish I could nap but yeah that doesn't happen. My evening workouts tend to be longer 1-2 hours. Or on a day like today, 45 minutes in the morning of cardio followed by 45 minutes of strength training in the evening.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Shower and go to work. I take 7:30 classes which finish at 8:15. That gives me juuuuuust enough time!
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    cover my stink with deodorant and go to work, devouring 2 hard boiled eggs on the way there.
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks 🙂 I looked into my activity this week, it was 2hrs every day. No wonder I'm tired! Plus I'm on my feet all day. Meal prep takes time too, I've found that quick releasing energy in the mornings works best for me such as a banana. (coffee is a must too) Other things like wholemeal toast or porridge just don't help.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I got to the gym at 6am, left at 8am, ate a 2nd breakfast on the way to work, drank a 2nd coffee, worked all day (mostly on my feet), at kids' activities now, then dinner, in bed by 8, asleep by 9pm.

Maybe you need more sleep or more coffee?
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I go to work. I only have time for about 40-45 minutes for my work outs during the work week so it’s hard to exhaust myself, lol.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. I remind myself that 45 minutes is much better than 0 minutes though 🙂
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I shower and get ready for the day. I'm usually working out 5:30-6:15/20 and leave for work about 7:40. Time for a shower, coffee, and a show while I feed and let dogs out and get dressed/makeup/hair.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    In the mornings I usually go for a run or work out at home, then it's stretch, shower, breakfast, and commute to work.

Oh and coffee. Lots of coffee.