Orange theory

Options
Anyone out there working out with orange theory? I thought I'd settled on a gym too join when a friend started raging about her great experience with orange. Just curious for other feedback. Thanks

Replies

• kmj254
    kmj254 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Orange Theory, but my cousin has been going for the last year or so and loves it. She's toned up a lot as well. I looked into it but unfortunately it was too pricey for me to afford right now. I believe members can bring a guest to try it. My cousin offered to bring me but I didn't go because I was afraid of loving it and then being bummed about not going.
  • kacd2017
    kacd2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you track your Orange Theory workouts in MyFitness Pal. I wear a fitbit that tracks the steps, but I typically have 20+ splat points in an hour class, 90 minutes will have 40 +. Would like to have this information come into the MyFitnessPal in some manner. Suggestions? Thanks
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I created a custom cardio entry for Orangetheory Fitness. I put in the number of minutes and the calorie count from my workout report email. In the Fitness notes I put in the splat points, type of workout, and if I did something special like a benchmark time or a personal best.

• wstrwyatt
    wstrwyatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    I created a custom cardio entry for Orangetheory Fitness. I put in the number of minutes and the calorie count from my workout report email. In the Fitness notes I put in the splat points, type of workout, and if I did something special like a benchmark time or a personal best.

I do the same thing after every class.
  • allegrapurro
    allegrapurro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It’s amazing. I’ve lost 25lbs in 4.5 months and go religiously. I love the classes, get a great workout and I’m never too sore to not be able to go back the next day. I look forward to my workouts and I’m building muscle.
  • allegrapurro
    allegrapurro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also track the calories via my Apple Watch using “hit intensity interval training” with an open goal and the calories burned cross over. It’s probably fairly accurate, you can also just manual enter the calories from the HRM in class to MFP and I enter it as cardio and named it “OrangeTheory Class”
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    bump

Want to connect with Orange Theory Fans.

How long have you been going to OTF? I started last year when it opened in my neighborhood and hit 200 classes.
    I love it! Still challenging and fun.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I loved it but it was pricey and intense. I was always afraid to eat back all those calories because it seemed like really high burns for only 45 min. After a while, I started to feel like every workout was pretty much the same (just based on format, not exact moves). In the end I broke my foot at home and stopped going. I do HIIT training with a boot camp somewhere else now.
  • erindspinky
    erindspinky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Orangetheory and I cannot recommend it enough. I will say that it is very challenging and if I did not first start exercising at the regular gym before starting Orangetheory, I would have had a really tough time because it is very intense. I started with going one day a week, became addicted and now I am going 5 days a week. It is pretty pricey, but I think that it is totally worth it if you hold yourself accountable and go frequently. I started going in September 2019 and I have lost a total of 27 lbs so far (with diet change of course). I have not reached my goal yet but I am getting there. I am more toned now and feel a lot stronger than I ever was before. Orangetheory is amazing - I definitely recommend at least going in for your first free class to try it out!
  • gretchen2823
    gretchen2823 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently joined a gym called Chuze, which is a chain in CA, AZ and CO, they have a class just like Orange Theory (two friends are former OTF members). The cost is much less for Chuze and you get unlimited classes, plus gym equipment, yoga, other fitness classes, pool, sauna, infrared sauna, hydromassage and tanning. It is an incredible deal. I really love the OTF type classes, and overall it is a better value.