Do you feel that gym time is a punishment or does it help you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Drummager6
    Drummager6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    All of this is so true
  • denisek3
    denisek3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually enjoy my gym routine and feel better after I go. Going regularly helps keep me in shape for hiking and biking. I've read that working out is supposed to suppress your appetite, but I tend to be hungrier and rationalize eating more after workouts. I see better weight loss results when I'm a couch potato but am more careful about calorie intake.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If going to the gym or working out equates to punishment in someone's mind, then they're doing it wrong. If you want to exercise, that's great - but you shouldn't demonize the activity. You go out and find something you enjoy doing, because chances are - if you consider your workout "punishment" each time, you're not going to want to stick with it.

...Granted, there are workouts that may seem like punishment.....but those are the days we're working hard to achieve a goal - so the workout is a bit harsher than the normal routine. :lol:
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I’m working on making those gains in the gym! No pain no gain! I hate cardio but I do it in addition to weightlifting. Lifting weights + eating a bunch of protein to maintain muscle while losing weight is good to do too!
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    yes to both, I sometimes find it a punishment, but it also helps me tremendously.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I dread going but when I get there, I go all out
  • Drummager6
    Drummager6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes the gym is basically a setup path to help you go in the right direction and yes sometimes it hurts that’s because your either doing something right or something wrong and you can totally hurt yourself. The easiest way to learn anything is research. After I finish a days workout I like to learn new things like tricks and things to help me lose weight. There is a lot of information out there so choose something that fits you and your body type .