Newbie in Baltimore

Options
Hey All,

My name is Jennifer, and I am an MFP addict. I downloaded the app on my iPhone because it was the only free one I liked the looks of. It turned out to be the best tracking application or site I've ever used, not to mention the friendly community!

I just moved from Austin, TX to Baltimore, MD. I am really missing TX, but adjusting to life out east. :)

I have two sons and have been married for a little over 8 years.

As far as weight loss, here are my stats:

Starting weight: 240
Currently weight: 233.2
Goal #1: 216
(I will set another goal once I get there)
Eventual goal: to be in the 160s.

Looking forward to getting to know my fellow MFPers!

Jennifer

Replies

• erieli04
    erieli04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live in York, PA...just about an hour north of Baltimore. I went to grad school in Baltimore and it is a great city...I hope it feels like home soon! Best of luck with MFP and achieving your goals!
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the Columbia/North Laurel area so not too far from you (30 min on a good day, lol). You'll find all kinds of great support/tools here. One of the best things I've done for my health is join this site!
  • angryjenny
    angryjenny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ooh, York! We were looking at York before we moved out here. I wish we had moved into PA. I think it's more of what we were hoping for. I am a big fan of rural land.

Thanks for the welcome! :)
  • angryjenny
    Options
    Thanks, Alicia! There are so many cities/neighborhoods around here, it's hard to keep them straight! haha
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Hello! I live in Laurel, about 20 mins south of Baltimore. I just moved here, too! Welcome and good luck!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! Although you are already my MFP buddy and now Zumba buddy..no worries me and the other MFP Charlene will take care of ya!! Not to worry at all. I think it would be a nice idea if we had a meetup so we can meet all the MFP folks in the Baltimore/Laurel/Columbia Area..that would be nice!!
  • angryjenny
    Options
    We SHOULD do an MFP meetup! It seems like there is a good number of us.

We could all do a Zumba class with Adelicia at Du Burns Arena. ;)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I'd LOVE that! It would be nice to meet with people who have similar goals!
  • sweetsexy43
    Options
    That works..now, did you go to Du Burns or did you go to Skateland for Zumba? Lets look at sometime in September to meet up or the first week in October..just to see if their are anymore MFP folks that want to join us!! Im Excited!!!
  • sweetsexy43
    Options
    I'd LOVE that! It would be nice to meet with people who have similar goals!

Cool..I just sent you a friend request as well..That would be nice and we can motiviate one another on and off site!!
  • sweetsexy43
    Options
    We SHOULD do an MFP meetup! It seems like there is a good number of us.

We could all do a Zumba class with Adelicia at Du Burns Arena. ;)

That works..now, did you go to Du Burns or did you go to Skateland for Zumba? Lets look at sometime in September to meet up or the first week in October..just to see if their are anymore MFP folks that want to join us!! Im Excited!!!
  • angryjenny
    Options
    I've been going to Putty Hill because it's close to my house. But if Du Burns is better for the majority, I can drive down there. :)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I'm definitely up for fitting it in my schedule! :) Thanks for the friend request!