Replies

• LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    get over yourself.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I need to add this to my list of things to do at the gym,ive already started wearing makeup

Wear perfume, too.

I also pretend to text on my phone when I do cardio
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    My gym always puts on the food network... Sometimes it's iron chef and I desperately want to eat whatever they make... But other times it is overweight people eating the kind of stuff that got me overweight and it motivates me to keep on track with the positive changes I am making for myself. The smell of fast food might kill me though... I would just wear nose plugs in the pool or something! Lol
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    his is a place for getting healthy, not to watch the teenagers gorge themselves on empty calories. Does anyone else have this happen at their gym? I'm wondering if calling the gym manager would even make a difference?

this is a joke right?
  • barbiex3
    Options
    get over yourself.

(:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I need to add this to my list of things to do at the gym,ive already started wearing makeup

you're fantastic.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made it to the gym for my water aerobics class and it happened again! Yes, the lifeguard supervisor went out and brought back Wendy's and walk through the pool to his WINDOWED OFFICE and sat their eating it while we worked out. I would say that at least 75% of the time these S*******s do this. This is a place for getting healthy, not to watch the teenagers gorge themselves on empty calories. SERIOUSLY?! Does anyone else have this happen at their gym? I'm wondering if calling the gym manager would even make a difference?

Thanks to listening to my griping!
    Really? So imposing what people should eat should be mandatory at a gym? Do you realize that many people that work out at a gym eat whatever they want without weight gain issues?

Totally agree, I've kept 85lbs off just by goin to the gym. There are days I eat sheetz, fries, pizza, ice cream, cake and still don't gain any weight..... GOD if I only knew how to balance out working out and cutting back on yummmmmmy foods then I would have never had a weight issue to begin with. Booooooo :(
  • barbiex3
    Options
    Uh.. really? Someone was eating? You don't say...
    I don't believe it... what were they thinking? How dare they eat in their office!

bhahahaha OMGG
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    At my job we don't have a breakroom. I work at the front desk of a hotel. Of course when we eat we sit to the side so we're not on full diplay while eating. It doesn't seem to bother any of the guests. Whenever someone walks up to the desk we swallow our food, get up and attend to them. Eating in front of people doesn't seem to affect my performance at all. I have a hard time believing you are this upset about him eating in front of you. Would you feel the same way if he was eating a salad? I think the fact that he was eating Wendy's is the issue. He gets paid to be a lifeguard not to be an example of healthy eating for the gym members. Sorry.
  • barbiex3
    Options
    I agree, but they are eating it in the pool area, not a break room. Tonight the supervisor was in the office, but usually they are at the desk eating away in front of people working out. I just find it rude.

how is it rude?
    maybe they find it rude that you are in a swim suit? in their workplace...
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe they were eating THEIR exercise calories...
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, but I don't think the manager would take your side on this one.

I worked as a lifeguard at a Y for a few years in high school. I didn't care about working out or getting in shape, it was just a job. When it was adult time (lap swim or workout classes, etc) that was our "break" time. But here's the catch - we couldn't leave the pool area. Often we would hang out in the office, eating or whatever and keeping an eye on the pool. It's very possible that this is the only chance this kid gets to eat and you can't dictate what kind of food he/she eats.

Yes it sucks - but it also sucks I have friends who weigh 115lbs, never work out and eat everything and anything they want. That's just life.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    my gym has a free pizza night and a free bagel morning... last time I checked... I saw regular cream cheese with the options.... it is a personal choice... and yes a test in willpower!
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    I agree that people should be allowed to eat whatever they want. We shouldn't be judging people for what they are eating (maybe it's their cheat day? maybe they didn't have time to go grocery shopping or make a healthy lunch?) People judge me at work ALL the time for what I eat because they always say "should you be eating that? aren't you on a diet?" and it got so bad that I developed an eating disorder and started hiding when I ate because of how much judgment I got from it. So if this only bothers you because of WHAT he is eating and how he/she is setting a bad example...then you need to step back and ask why you need to judge someone like that. The gym is the least of your worries when it comes to food temptation. Not like you are going to go bum a fry off of him. The personnel at the gym are not there to serve as a good example. They are there to offer advice and expertise. It's up to you to set a good example for yourself.

HOWEVER, if it bothers you to SMELL it (this is what gets me) then I completely understand. The smell of cigarette smoke, BO, heavy perfume and food drive me crazy at the gym. One reason I'm glad I work out at home. I can control my environment.

But then, my fiance's dad's gym serves pizza and beer in their lobby, lol.