C25k buddy

Options
Does anyone want to Be c25k buddies? I would like to start the program. It’s cold here, so until it warms up, I’ll most likely use my treadmill. I’m also doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred- day 16 completed today. I’m still deciding on what to do next.

Replies

• VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    There's a thread for starters in March in the group linked to above - only 3 of us in it so far - I've just done W1D1 today - come and join us!
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @swebb4209 Hi! Did you end up starting? I've been debating doing this for a while but I think I want to get started on it tonight. Which app did you end up going up with?
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    @swebb4209 Hi! Did you end up starting? I've been debating doing this for a while but I think I want to get started on it tonight. Which app did you end up going up with?

I did run one today, and used fitness22 C210K (perhaps optimistic but thought id aim high!)

I also joined the chat mentioned above, a few of is in there now :smiley:

• AmyC2288
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »

I did run one today, and used fitness22 C210K (perhaps optimistic but thought id aim high!)

Thank you!! I'll go ahead and join in there as well. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I went from not running straight to a 10k, it's definitely doable!
  • kilobykilo
    Options

Fingers crossed!
  • kilobykilo
    Options

You too!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    C210k totally works!
  • nlhruns
    nlhruns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m on week 6. My race is in April. I could use the support as week 6 is much harder for me.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    nlhruns wrote: »
    I’m on week 6. My race is in April. I could use the support as week 6 is much harder for me.

Keep it slow and believe that you can do it! If needed stick an extra minute if walking in the middle of the long runs until your brain catches up that you can do it?
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    nlhruns wrote: »

I haven’t started yet, but I plan to soon. I’m more than willing to be a support. Message me!
  • swebb4209
    Options

I haven’t started! Let me know which app you’re using. I’m almost done with Jillian’s 30 day shred!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    I can't do run three today. My legs and feet are sore and I know if I try I'll just be setting myself up for failure....

Hoping to do it tomorrow morning instead, which means Super early!
  • AmyC2288
    Options
    Hi All! I did the first run last Friday the 8th and it went really well! Over the weekend I got a sinus infection which turned into an ear infection and it is kicking my *kitten*!! Will try to start back up later this week. I downloaded some podcasts I found online instead of going the app route...I couldn't find one that I liked.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I am using the NHS podcasts
  • AmyC2288
    Options
    Just checked and the ones I downloaded were from Carli Fierce. I don't think it will let me leave a website but just google Carli Fierce C25K and she has them on her site for free.
  • swebb4209
    Options
    I think I’m going to do it along with t25 in a hybrid schedule so I probably won’t begin until I finish 30 day shred next week