B belly

Options
My stomach has a dent in the middle this really gets me down I've been smaller and it just gets smaller and doesn't go away. Does anybody else have this problem?.

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Yep. Had it at all sizes
    Was the shape I was born with so I just live with it. Spanx if I'm going to an event and need a smoother look
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I'm honestly glad you posted the photos because I was totally confused as to what a "B belly" was talking about. Awesome progress with that recomp though!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I never had one until I had my second baby. I'm pretty short waisted and just generally short and he was long and a relatively big baby and I was 40. So much loose skin!

When I hit menopause, that loose skin filled with a bit of fat. I never had issues with abdominal fat until then, all of my extra weight, even when obese, was in my hips, thighs, arms, and butt.

I'm 117 pounds now and trying to lose some more vanity weight down to at least 110, possibly a stretch goal of 105 to see if I can shake that last bit of fat out of my B-belly and I hope over time to have the same recomp results @middlehaitch has had. I always keep her pictures in mind, remembering that she started at my age (56). So inspiring!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    B belly? Stomach looks like the capital letter B?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Me! I have a roll near the top, and even when I'm skinny, it's there. I already moved to one piece swimsuits after having babies anyways, so I just live with it.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have it as well, no matter the size. It's part of me, I just don't pay any attention to it, because I know I can't change it.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    B belly? Stomach looks like the capital letter B?

Yes that's the one
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I guess I do. Meh. Body works pretty well, especially for a 63-year-old's; I like it.

I'm never really going to understand why we have names for certain kinds of body features, apparently so we can dislike them in a more clear and specific way. Jeesh.

OP, you might get something out of this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Or this one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat

Or this one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I have that type of belly and I've had it at all sizes. It's not a problem, it's just a shape. To be honest, I would rather be shaped like that than have the tendency to store a lot of my fat viscerally.