Not losing weight

Options
My weight has plateued and ive gained a couple of lbs since I started swimming. Its been a couple of weeks. Am i being impatient?

Replies

• rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Weight may be staying the same but inches going down? Besides looking at weight look at those measurements. Try myshape.fitness (google it) to track your body shape.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    when did you begin, and how much weight did you lose until you plateaued?
  • mummy_h
    mummy_h Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    rdthoms wrote: »
    Weight may be staying the same but inches going down? Besides looking at weight look at those measurements. Try myshape.fitness (google it) to track your body shape.

Yes I am losing inches, I will get that app. Thanks. Ive just never not lost weight before, and so was questioning if I was measuring right. But mt clothes do feel looser to. The scales not showing though. So its really annoying. Its lead to me falling of the plan and comfort eating today. Need to get back on track tomorrow
    csplatt wrote: »
    when did you begin, and how much weight did you lose until you plateaued?

I lost 12lb before I plateued quite quickly. I started on the 23 Jan this year. I have 3 stone 11 left to lose. X
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing your current weight, your goal weight, and what you've been eating.
  • mummy_h
    mummy_h Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    It's hard to say without knowing your current weight, your goal weight, and what you've been eating.

13 st 12.5 is my current weight. Untill yesterday i had been eating 1200 calories and before that 1500. My goal weight is 10 st
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Swimming can stimulate your appetite more than other sports. Keep an eye out on your weighing/logging to make sure you're not accidentally over eating.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    starting a new exercise will often lead to your muscles retaining water to repair themselves leading to a "bigger number on the scale" temporarily. Now, hopefully someone can chime in on how long that lasts. so it could just be that.

weight loss is not linear though, there will be times it will stay solid or even go up just do to random stuff.

do you use a food scale and weigh ALL your food? (exept a few that cannot be)? do you meticulously log all foods? are you careful about what entry you pick? weighing raw VS cooked?
  • robertwroach1250
    robertwroach1250 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Close your mouth when you swim --- water weights --- just kidding. Kept on doing what you are doing and don't worry about the scales. you are eating less calories and excercising --- just kept it up.