Anyone have 100+ pounds to lose?

Due to medications over the past 5 years and health issues I've gained a lot of weight! Feel free to add me, I have a long way to go ( over 100 pounds) now that I'm finally off of the medications. We CAN do this!! Let's hold each other accountable!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Hi Savanna. :)
  • donnadski3
    donnadski3 Posts: 13 Member
    donnadski3 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I begin today. I wish you all the very best in this journey to a healthier lifestyle. My name is Donna, i am 45 years young. I could use all the support I can get, I too would like to lose 100+. I'm on a journey of teaching myself that I need to Eat to live, not live to eat. I began today by counting my calorie intake, high protein low carb.

One thing I struggle with is my water intake. I don't hate it, but I do not drink enough of it. I heard once that if you add anything to your water (crystal light, water flavoring), your body does not digest it the same way plain water is digested. Does anyone have any advice on that?

Hi Donna,

I don’t know anything about how the water is digested but I know that I’ve personally benefited from buying a water bottle that measures how much I’m drinking and I highly recommend buying one if you can. Just search Amazon for water measuring cups or something. I also struggle with water intake at times and can’t express how much of a difference this has made to me.

And best of luck on your journey — you’ve taken the difficult first steps and that’s one of the most difficult parts of weight loss - good on you! :) Send me a friend request if you like...that goes for anyone in need of buddies. I don’t log my food as I’m only doing CICO and not denying myself anything in particular — just eating much less! But I’m always happy to have friends.

Thank you! I will check out the water bottle. As soon as I figure out this app, I will add you! I appreciate the response. Good luck to you.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Same here - finally got off anti depressant, have a total of 70 - 80 kg to lose (170 pounds) - so far about 30 kg (65 pounds) down. Still a long way to go.
  • cloud_writer
    cloud_writer Posts: 10 Member
    I have a hundred pounds to lose. I started at the end of January at 237 and have lost 14 lb so far. It really helps to use this app for counting calories. I have avoided doing that for many years. Now I'm having fun at it.
    We can do this!
  • RavenaAlexandra
    RavenaAlexandra Posts: 1 Member
    Here! I need to lose 128 lbs. I m starting today.
  • ColeSlaw1234
    ColeSlaw1234 Posts: 47 Member
    When I started yes. Had over 100 lbs to lose. Can be intimidating. Especially so if ur insecure and lack the motivation. But its possible. I applaud u for taking the first step to starting. I had gotten to the point where being overweight was just how I was gonna be until I finally decided to go all maximum effort. Know someone else out there knows how making the first step can be the hardest part
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    I need to lose 80 right now for total knee replacement, I want to lose 150 or 160 total. I have a lot of medical issues. I just had my 3rd back surgery. I can now go to the gym and walk in the pool starting friday so I am excited! Please feel free to friend request me! I need motivation to keep going!