Are you age 50 and over?

Options
I'm looking for friends in my age bracket for motivation and support! I have been working out since I was 19 years old....I'm a old veteran of the fitness world. I still work out consistently but I have to say.....my body is starting to talk back to me after working out....and ache here, pain there...didn't this used to be much easier!??! Well hell I'm not giving up! I just need to make some adjustments and tweaks to stay in the game!!!

Replies

• wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    52 here. Feel free to friend me.
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    request on it's way! I'm 53 and yep aches and pains are a daily thing, but exercise has made me so much more fit than I used to be, I think it keeps you young...as long as you don't stop that is, then you have to have the oil can brought to you and that is soooo messy LOL
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Glad for the post. There should lots of us in the over 50 crowd.
    Like you, would love to have more friends in the age group that understand more of the strugggles we deal with.
  • tula23
    tula23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm already your friend! :-)

Anyone feel free to friend me too. All of us fab 50'ers deserve lots of support and encouragement.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, and very happy to be friends (anyone else welcome to friend me too).
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well I just hit the Big 50!!! It slaps me in the face everytime I look at my MFP profile. However I don't feel 50 at all. I am working hard to lose 25 - 30 # for the 10th time. But I want to keep it off this time! I am very active at the gym also walking and hiking and Monday I start a running 101 class. I signed up for a Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon Feb 2012. I can walk 13.2 miles easy I just don't want to come in last...so I thought the running class would help. Maybe I will find a new form of exercise to enjoy. I am alittle worried about my old knees :huh:

I am finding it is much harder to lose now. Some of my problem was enjoying wine too much :drinker: I have cut that back and log it in when I have it = now I am seeing some results. :bigsmile:

I'll send a friend request - and I happy for any fab 50 friends coming my way too :wink:

Gotta go get ready for Zumba Class :happy: