Living with negative comments...

Replies

• Lodewyk56
    Lodewyk56 Posts: 13 Member
    The “camera adds ten pounds”? Not sure I understand that. Ten pounds from the camera or not you look great.

It always amazes me that people feel they can comment on someone being thin, but would be highly offended if they were to be referred to as “fat.”
  • claimsboss47
    claimsboss47 Posts: 12 Member
    I think when people notice such an accomplishment, they often feel that they should say something, but they're not sure what to say. So then, something silly or maybe a little insensitive-sounding comes out. It's likely not malicious, just awkward. However, *I'd* like to say: Bravo to you!! You must be so proud of your hard work and perseverance. You look amazing, and TBH, that vein pop in Pic #1 may or may not have made me swoon a little! 😉
  • timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    You do have a thin face so maybe they haven't seen you with your shirt off! You look great btw so keep doing what makes you happy x
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    You look fantastic, enjoy and revel in your success!!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    You look fit, not bony. I'm not sure if they are crappy at complimenting you or if they are envious. Either way.... keep taking good care of yourself and enjoy being fit!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I think you look fine!!!!1 You have done an amazing job and you should be proud- keep it up!
  • robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    You look amazing! The kidding comes from pure jealousy :)
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    I have this same issue. I switch different departmet at work. After I transfered, I started eating healthy, workingout and lost weight.
    I went payed a visit at my old department and one of thr gils were like "wow, you look tiny, are you sleeping with someone dowstairs?"
    No, I like my husband thank you.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    You look fantastic!
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Update. Moving along.
  • MrsBradyBunch
    MrsBradyBunch Posts: 182 Member
    Haters are gonna hate. They may be jealous. Or, as said, it may be meant as a compliment and come out awkwardly.

For various reasons, there are people who just somehow don't want to see us get fit. I hear the same things, and I've never been skinny in my life. Even born as a preemie, I weighed 2 pounds more than average for that gestational age. I've had well-meaning family members tell me not to get carried away with my dieting, to know when to stop losing weight, not to make myself too skinny, etc., and that's while I've still got a BMI over 40. "Oh, don't worry so much about it. You're beautiful. Go ahead and eat." It's not about beauty. It's about health. But try telling them that. They don't understand.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Haters are gonna hate. They may be jealous. Or, as said, it may be meant as a compliment and come out awkwardly.

For various reasons, there are people who just somehow don't want to see us get fit. I hear the same things, and I've never been skinny in my life. Even born as a preemie, I weighed 2 pounds more than average for that gestational age. I've had well-meaning family members tell me not to get carried away with my dieting, to know when to stop losing weight, not to make myself too skinny, etc., and that's while I've still got a BMI over 40. "Oh, don't worry so much about it. You're beautiful. Go ahead and eat." It's not about beauty. It's about health. But try telling them that. They don't understand.

They really dont
  • lovefrenchies
    lovefrenchies Posts: 29 Member
    Screw them; :D you look like you are at a good weight and buff. Are these people overweight?
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Man, I'd love to have my Body fat that low. I think you look fantastic! Keep it up! People are pu55ies in general, and tend to downplay the things they don't have the discipline to accomplish themselves.. Great Job!!
  • adrianarco
    adrianarco Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I am 16 days now into my training and really feel that i am heading in the right direction. Taking that its been sometime since your post, I hope that everything has changed for the better. I know that from my experience being very over-weight I would be very jealous when persons around me would loss weight. I think its not right that they would try bring you down, but wouldn't be surprised if they were attempting to only make themselves feel better. You look great! I hope your journey has continued and you BF is doing well also :-)
  • maronesax1972
    adrianarco wrote: »
    Hello, I am 16 days now into my training and really feel that i am heading in the right direction. Taking that its been sometime since your post, I hope that everything has changed for the better. I know that from my experience being very over-weight I would be very jealous when persons around me would loss weight. I think its not right that they would try bring you down, but wouldn't be surprised if they were attempting to only make themselves feel better. You look great! I hope your journey has continued and you BF is doing well also :-)

• maronesax1972
    Thanks. And best of luck to you in your journey to a healthier life.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    I have this same issue. I switch different departmet at work. After I transfered, I started eating healthy, workingout and lost weight.
    I went payed a visit at my old department and one of thr gils were like "wow, you look tiny, are you sleeping with someone dowstairs?"
    No, I like my husband thank you.

hilarious that would be her first thought! haha. Sounds like a line off a sitcom.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!