Till Death Do Us Part

124»

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    I think when one has experienced the benefit of better health and activity levels everyone would be reluctant to give it all up. I had another arthritic flair up a year ago. Its been a real battle to get back to being pain free and I'm virtually there now having worked out "my" why. I want to extend the activities I do and will keep to eating foods which I know benefit me. In this like for everyone else, the only person who Matters is "Me", those around me will know the benefits of a more active healthy me. I was one of those people who experienced devastating symptoms of Undiagnosed, regardless of investigations, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, once on the Right medication for "me" with the right dietary interventions I got my life and health back increasingly over the last 5 years. I'll only give up when I've no choice, when my heart gives up, 70 is too close for comfort.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,982 Member
    I "let myself go" a bit when I retired (aged 65) but three years later realised that I was fat, frumpy, achy, struggling to do the things I used to enjoy. Rejoined mfp and went back to the gym, dug out my aerobic videos and now, 8 months later I've lost 45 lbs, just reaching my goal weight and can play with my grandchildren, go disco dancing, etc with much more energy. I'm approaching my 70's with enthusiasm.
    It's harder to get it back after you let yourself go so my suggestion is to make sure you have an enjoyable and sustainable way of living established and just adjust a bit as you get older if necessary. In my case arthritis meant I had to give up bodypump and free weights but I can do the resistance machines in the gym.