It’s not working..

Options
elpopsw
elpopsw Posts: 2 Member
I’ve tried every diet under the sun and I’ve always given up after a week or two. Well for 3 weeks now I’ve been calorie restricting to 1250 a day. At first I lost 3lb but I put a pound on this week! Not sure where I’m going wrong. Does it matter what I eat as long as it’s within 1250?

Replies

• VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »

And finally, don't weigh yourself everyday! This is counterproductive because weight can fluctuate quite a bit during the day, just like blood pressure. Once a week is fine and highly recommended.

Why do you keep perpetuating this myth? There's nothing wrong with weighing daily.

It's good advice for people like me and probably the OP since she talks about it.

When I weight daily and have a "bad" results after a good day (low calories and exercise) I found it very demotivating. If something else happens in the day (bad day at work, or like my husband who had cancer has some scary side effects that makes me think the cancer is back or my autistic daughter does something that remind me how hard it's going to be for her in this life) then I'm more likely to use food as an "antidepressant" and cheat.

When I weight once a week, chance are the number will be lower then last week or at least the same. And it only influence my mood one day a week, easier to manage.
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Agree with the post above. Trying to weigh "naked" around the same time every "morning" on an empty stomach is as ideal as you can get. Water weight is what it is and even that you can sort of control.

Don't get discouraged.

Keep on this path because 3lbs in 3 weeks is great and that 1 pound gain is likely just fluid retention. What you want to see is a general trend downward and not let the fluctuations catch you up too much.
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, Tinker! You really dont fluctuate much! I'm so all over the place!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Wow, Tinker! You really dont fluctuate much! I'm so all over the place!

I haven't this last week for some reason probably as food intake and exercise has been relatively consistent but I can be up and down as much as 5lbs per day, depending on what I am eating, exercising, etc.