Apple cider vinegar 👍🏻

Options
2»

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar is great for weight loss. Sometimes when I've hit a slump with my weight loss, I'll add a tablespoon of ACV to my water to kickstart things again. It really does work, too. ACV helps suppress the appetite, lowers blood sugar levels and keeps everything stable there (no blood sugar spikes), improves metabolism and helps your body burn fat. Added benefit: ACV is a fermented product which makes for a great probiotic, so it helps keep the gut's microbiome in check.

Do you have any legitimate scientific studies to back any of this up?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    It works by making a number of low-calorie recipes tastier, so that I enjoy making them instead of something more calorific. It's very good with cabbage and beet recipes. If I'm making a vegan substitute for buttermilk, using a teaspoon of it to curdle my almond milk works well.

But is there anything magical about ACV that assists weight loss? By which I mean, if I were to find some way of neutralizing the flavor, rendering it tasteless (or identical in taste to white vinegar, if I'm looking for an acidic note for the dish), would it still have the same impact? No.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Well, looks like I’m just wasting my time and money with the ACV 😂. I appreciate everybody’s comments so I can learn from you 👍🏻 to improve this journey to get lean as I’m still far away from my goal

I'm glad you are taking the feedback with an open mind. Keep reading, it can be entertaining as well as educational. As already said, there are some incredibly helpful people here.
  • ScottKipp
    ScottKipp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Stick with what is working. That's the key to this fat loss thing, people try to overcomplicate the process. I use Apple Cider Vinegar for when I have an upset stomach or bloating and it seems to reduce the discomfort.