14lbs lost so far - feeling good!

Options
o0kody0o
o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
edited March 2019 in Getting Started
Hi everyone

I just wanted to share my story so far, and hopefully motivate others at the same time. I’m a mother to a 3 month old baby and last month I decided to weigh myself. I knew I had gained quite a bit of weight during my pregnancy and was feeling scared to stand on the scales. I was shocked to see that I weighed 13st 2lbs (that’s 184lbs). My eating habits were out of control and I was addicted to full fat drinks like Coke and Pepsi. I would eat without thinking about calories, have a couple of takeaways during the week and eat crisps and chocolate. I also used to skip breakfast and snack on unhealthy food during the day. It was when I weighed myself that I decided to make changes and I got MFP.

For 3 weeks I haven’t eaten crisps, chocolate, takeaways and I haven’t drank my usual sugary drinks. I now eat breakfast (usually porridge/oatmeal as that’s all I like), I’ll have a sandwich with cooked chicken/salad or soup for my lunch and for dinner I usually have wholewheat pasta with chicken and vegetables or grilled chicken and salad. I realised that one of my problems was portion control so I have rectified that. I am out walking more instead of taking the car everywhere too.

I would like to lose a total of 37lbs and have lost 14 of those so far just by making the above changes and logging my intake on MFP. I feel more energetic already and I am happier. I tried my ring on again for the first time in months and it fits again! I have taken photos and will post a before & after once I hit my goal. The MFP app is amazing and I’m glad I found it. I want to lose this weight and become healthier for myself and for my child. I’m not usually one for posting things like this but there it is. If someone like me can do it, you can too!

(I’d just like to add - it’s amazing what some weight loss can do for your mental wellbeing, I’m starting to feel like “me” again)

Thanks

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats!!
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    kali31337 wrote: »
    Welcome and congrats!!

Thank you 😊

• TracyHenn
    TracyHenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go you! I am 20 weeks pregnant haven’t used this app since becoming pregnant and went in today and I’m 10pounds up! And 20 weeks to ....Yikes but reading your post filled me with relief for life / weight post pregnancy
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    TracyHenn wrote: »
    Go you! I am 20 weeks pregnant haven’t used this app since becoming pregnant and went in today and I’m 10pounds up! And 20 weeks to ....Yikes but reading your post filled me with relief for life / weight post pregnancy

Thank you. After giving birth I was so swollen everywhere...my feet (could barely walk), face, hands etc. However, the swelling went down after 5 weeks or so. After the first week of eating better, I lost 6lbs. I felt really self-conscious after having my baby due to the weight I had put on but I’m feeling and looking so much better now and I don’t even miss the food I used to eat. Congratulations and all the best with your pregnancy 😊

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have lost ten pounds from the beginning of the year by eating healthy, reducing alcohol intake TREMENDOUSLY and working out 🏋️‍♀️!! I love to support others as we are all trying to reach our goals!

or4kyofkpeeg.jpeg
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome. It's definitely about rethinking the way we eat, be it times of day, portions, or the content itself. Some of us might need changes in all those areas. The extra walking will be a huge bonus and has definitely helped me. I've lost 12 lbs in 6 or 7 weeks and I honestly don't think I could have done it without walking because I stay under my 1200 calories. You'd think the extra burn would have brought more loss but it instead has only ensured that I make it to the goals that are set here on MFP. Maybe others can relate.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • o0kody0o
    Options

Awesome! I have lost ten pounds from the beginning of the year by eating healthy, reducing alcohol intake TREMENDOUSLY and working out 🏋️‍♀️!! I love to support others as we are all trying to reach our goals!

or4kyofkpeeg.jpeg

Well done you! You look great, keep up the good work! I wish I’d known about MFP sooner as I’ve found it very motivational and the success stories are really inspiring.

Congrats! That is awesome. It's definitely about rethinking the way we eat, be it times of day, portions, or the content itself. Some of us might need changes in all those areas. The extra walking will be a huge bonus and has definitely helped me. I've lost 12 lbs in 6 or 7 weeks and I honestly don't think I could have done it without walking because I stay under my 1200 calories. You'd think the extra burn would have brought more loss but it instead has only ensured that I make it to the goals that are set here on MFP. Maybe others can relate.

Thank you. I totally agree with you on the rethinking the way we eat. I’ve been offered cake and lots of unhealthy foods and I’ve had the willpower to say “no thanks”. I now care about what food I eat and it shows. Well done on your loss so far and keep up the good work! We can do this 😊

Pickle107 wrote: »
    Very well done!

Thanks a lot 😊

• rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great job. Doing all the right things. Slow and steady wins the race! Tracking calories and exercise is really the best way to get started. If you are better than me after tracking for a while you'll know how much you can/can't eat. If I stop tracking I gain weight! Try also tracking body shape on myshape.fitness to set up a body shape goal.
  • o0kody0o
    Options
    rdthoms wrote: »
    Great job. Doing all the right things. Slow and steady wins the race! Tracking calories and exercise is really the best way to get started. If you are better than me after tracking for a while you'll know how much you can/can't eat. If I stop tracking I gain weight! Try also tracking body shape on myshape.fitness to set up a body shape goal.

Thanks! I was worried that 14lbs in 3 weeks was too much of a loss but I think maybe a lot of it was water weight. I've been eating around 1200 calories, making sure I get plenty of vegetables (I’m not so keen on fruit) and walking more. I’ll check that out right now, thanks again 😊