I want to lose 10 pounds!! But so impatient.

Options
I have MFP set to lose 2 pounds per week but it’s moving much slower than that. I’m 3 months postpartum, breastfeeding, and training for a half marathon. Seeing MAYBE a pound a week but am hesitant to go any lower with cals because I am breastfeeding.
I do weigh all my food, run 5 days per week, and lift weights 3x per week.
Any insight about what I can do would be appreciated!

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    If you only have 10 pounds to lose, 2 pounds a week is too aggressive. That should really only be used by people with a lot of weight to lose. Honestly even 1 pound per week is pretty aggressive for your weight. You would be better off targeting half a pound a week and going slow. Especially if you are training for a half marathon and breast feeding. Your body needs the fuel.

QFT
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Agreed with most comments above. You're still in what my obgyn called the "4th trimester" which is the 3 or 4 months following delivery. After my second child I did WW and got back to my prepregnancy weight of 110lbs by the time he was about 9 or 10 months old. Give yourself a year if you have a lot. If you're only needing the last 10 to come off already (Which is excellent btw!) then give yourself close to 2 months if not more.