Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok, well went to the gym already before I saw the exercise challenge, but I did all upper body today, so I guess it evens out.

I'm already a label reader, so no problem there. I don't eat a lot of processed foods, and I don't add a lot of salt to my food.

Unfortunately, my bath tub is not functional. I'll figure out another way to please myself, um, I mean, yeah. . .

Girl, I know. I know. :P
  • jls1311
    jls1311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Just did my check in measurements. Kinda scary. I sure hope I lose some pounds and inchs
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Oh you ladies wait until next week....This week Im giving everyone time to meet their buddy and settle in. Prepare to Work next week :)
  • 14u2nv4ever
    Options
    Week 1

Rows are done I do them when I do JM 30 day shred

Will be looking at the labels more closely. I try to do that everytime that I do my shopping.

I will be taking a long bubble bath and read a book afterwards.
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! I did the exercise challenge- do we do this every day? Also- does watching True Blood count as 'me' time? lol. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning!

Thanks for hooking me up with KRKMFP- she seems great!

I soooo second True Blood being "me" time!! LOL

Erika
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's so awesome to be part of group!! Today was the first week back at school for my students. I went back last week, but I'm a little worried about handling workouts, etc with school starting. I was fortunate to be able to focus totally on my fitness goals over the summer -- first time since my kids were born (11 years ago), so it's been a long time coming. The summer was easy, but getting into a new routine is a little challenging, but I refuse to go back to the way things were 4-6 months ago!

Exercise -- I'm planning on doing rows Friday (that's my arm day)

Nutrition -- I was NOT looking at Sodium only calories, fat, and sugar. I am now looking at Sodium -- it's a sneaky little devil!

Mind/Body - I have not consistently taken time for myself. I did start some me time this summer, and I'm hoping to continue it. It certainly makes me a happier person. Today I stopped by the gym on the way home and almost an hour to myself -- does that count?

Hope yall have a great night!
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    I got my row done for the night! I'm thinking I will do longer sets next time since I did 3 sets of 10 with 5lb weights and I didn't really notice the burn. The last time I had a trainer (several months ago) he had me doing sets with 15lbs. Maybe I'll do this at the gym with larger weights.
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Okay so did the rowing and also did 45 minutes of cardio. I have read labels for a long time. And my me time is talking to all of you before I go to bed. Have not heard anything from my buddy :(
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Okay so did the rowing and also did 45 minutes of cardio. I have read labels for a long time. And my me time is talking to all of you before I go to bed. Have not heard anything from my buddy :(

I need to know everyone that has not heard back from their Buddy???? DeeBear I got you and I sent a message to your buddy to see if she is still with us.She has not checked in on the check in link either...
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Me! But you know that already. No word from her.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    This is everyone that has checked in with the check in form.......

noonoo757
    jingly
    Mistyb47711
    nomerebutterfly
    Amber393
    amarie_1508
    onehecticmom
    melusinagr
    bonniehoskins
    sfalk1977
    VendettaMachine84
    bhurley1424
    msimonof
    vold94
    djenna8girl
    tatabanana
    cklbrown
    suziq2you
    ebelliss
    clong1985
    paxetamore
    lmmgmm
    teamLeela
    karenzephyr
    Jenasylum
    jingly
    Mary_Kate
    rissuhbissuh
    josette26
    KimberlyBryant
    ansley1

FaithsVegWorkout
    rae_mayer
    jls1311
    14u2nv4ever
    deebear73
    foxieboxy
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I will go through the list tomorrow morning and email the one's that have not and see if they are in or out.......then go from there.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I will go through the list tomorrow morning and email the one's that have not and see if they are in or out.......then go from there.

I haven't heard from my partner. I sent her a message and friend request.
  • amarie_1508
    Options
    Hello Team,

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I am so happy to be part of great group.

Fitness Challenge: I have noticed that since I have started losing weight that I really need to tone up more. So I have started doing weight machines at the gym at least 3-5 times a week. Today I started the arm rows (2 reps with 5lbs) I hope to build up to 8 or 10 lbs).

Nutrition Challenge: Since May I have become a little obsessed (in a good way) with calories and have recently started paying more attention to food labels. My concern for this challenge is to lower my sodium intake and drink more water. I need to find more lunch recipes with less sodium. I was shocked when I found out how much sodium is in ham and soups!

Mind/Body Challenge: I love to read. Trying to finish my current book and start a new one within the next couple of days. I may even get a new haircut to update my look.

Good luck to all my fellow Bombshell Betty's on their weightloss journey.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I got my workout in tonight. We did upper body with kettlebells and they had rows several times... only 1 arm rows, but rows all the same. I do watch calories, read labels & try to pick the best choice when comparing foods... but sodium is a tough one. I don't add it to anything, but it is everywhere. I was still over today, but only a little - 213 I think. That is as low as I have ever been.

Me time... that's a tough one. I guess my me time is now. Everyone is off to bed, DH is at work & I have a few more minutes before I will crawl into bed myself. I do get a monthly massage. DH insisted I join a massage membership - Massage Heights. LOVE it. I go for an hour massage once a month, & can add extra massages for really cheap.

Thanks misty - this is awesome. My buddy is great as well
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Ok, I just also want to say just like everybody else that this is definitely the best group I have join since being a member of MFP. My buddy Ansley1 is great as well. I feel like we've already became friends, too bad we live so far away from each other!

Anyway, didn't think I was going to get a workout in today due to I wasn't feeling well this morning. But by late afternoon I started feeling better. Did 74 minutes of cardio burning 635 calories with HRM and I also did my 3 sets of 10rows with 5 pound weights. I use 15 pound weights when I'm doing Chalean Extreme, but figured I'd use lighter for this. So exercise challenge met for today.

Nutrition: I do watch labels, but today I was over in both sodium & a little on the fat. I know it was because I actually made a box of processed potatoes for supper, which I usually try not to. Also I ate more bread today than I usually do and ham and cheese. So that's all my sodium added. UP as somebody else said, I don't add salt to my food, I hate it, but it creeps up on me anyway. Tomorrow I"m watching even more closely on how much sodium I take in.

Me time: I have to say the only me time I got today was lying down while I was feeling ill this morning while my son was a summer school. Also my workout time is usually my alone time, and my shower!

Talk to you all tomorrow!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    And my me time is talking to all of you before I go to bed.

me too! and btw, luv ur profile pic!

disclaimer:
    I have been on a jury all month in August ,and it has emotionally and mentally drained me. I was getting up in the morning to do some yoga and strength training then having cardio in the afternoon. It has been a struggle lately to do this :embarassed:
    On top of that, had to call the police on my neighbor upstairs beating up his girlfriend at 4 o'clock this morning, so not much sleep happening for me either :sad: the good news is that jury should be done soon, and hopefully help the girl upstairs stay safe.

Fitness - I have some 2lb weights and look forward to working this into my morning routine.

Nutrition - I read labels constantly! I am trying to lower my sodium intake and increase my fiber intake, so will continue that plan. Also, I am trying to cut back on evening cocktails; although, you wouldn't know it lately :explode:

Mind/body - I have lots of me time, and I love cruising this site an hour before bedtime. A long hot bath does sound relaxing with a cup of chamomile to soothe the soul!

And it's always great to meet new folks, if you would like to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I did the rows today. I used 5 lb weights which are a little too light for me now, but they are the best I have. I try to do at least 30 minutes weights and 30 minutes calisthenics daily in addition to 60 minutes cardio. Most days I can do it. When school starts I imagine I will have to become a more responsible adult and put spend less time exercising.
  • tatabanana
    Options
    Hey guys! Did the rows after my cardio this morning which is jogging/walking...definitely need more sets/ more weight on the rows.. Labels - I read them all the time, am a total spaz about 'em. My 3 1/2 year old is always asking me to hurry up! And then, my me time is after everyone goes to bed... surf net/watch dvr shows....sleep! Definitely need to ramp up the pampering, lol.

Sad note: No word from my BB Buddy. :( Rejected on MFP! lol. I know we are all busy. But this is my gauge, I am a logger inner. Thanks! Will submit wrist/forearm numbers next. Night night.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Morning all

and how are we all doing? My husband has a day off work today and he is going to buy hand weights - got to love the encouragement :happy: He will be taking our wee boy to Karate class tonight so I will have some girl time with my daughter who has just turned 3, I'm looking forward to it! I've already walked 2 miles this morning on my way to work and will fit in another couple on my way home then hopefully do the 30 day shred. I love this challenge :heart:

Hope you all have a great day.

J