Chia seed pudding?

Options
emmoen
emmoen Posts: 218 Member
Trying it for the first time tomorrow!
I’m trying this recipe:
https://pin.it/zxdwpdo2vqc26h

What’s your thoughts on chia seed pudding? I was surprised by how many calories were in this recipe... interesting to see if it is filling!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Too many calories, not for me.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    That link doesn't load for me, but I really like chia seed pudding mixed with granola. As for filling, I personally don't find it keeps me satiated for more than a couple hours, but I guess it would depend on how much I'd eat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    o_0 1/3 cup chia is a lot! I prefer to put a teaspoon in my oatmeal.

Now that we are finally defrosting I am craving overnight oats again. I put 1/4 cup oats, the same amount milk, a cut up kiwi, a teaspoon chia, and topped with Skyr. I’ll see how it is in the morning.
  • fcanad
    fcanad Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds are amazing! I usually rehydrates with water or frozen fruit, and eat with some sort of fat.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I like blueberry chia seed pudding and make it occasionally for breakfast. I make it with just cashew milk, chia seeds and blueberries.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time. Usually I do mixed frozen berries, soy milk, honey and top with slivered almonds. I make it in the morning and pack it for my lunch.
  • anthocyanina
    anthocyanina Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love chia pudding! I use soymilk, a splash of coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla, and top with fresh berries.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I love it. I make mine with avocado, a tablespoon or so of cocoa powder, honey to taste, and chia seeds. Enough liquid of choice to blend.

I have it only occasionally, but it’s a delicious dessert.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make it with unsweetened almond milk as I can’t do dairy but it’s definitely delicious just not super filling for me.
  • emmoen
    Options
    So update... the recipe in my opinion could use a little less chia seeds and little more blue berries... but it feels really filling... just not sure how long it will last... hopefully a few hours as I am eating every 2-3 hours
  • bllaura10
    bllaura10 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying this and I find it tasty but very calorie dense and not that filling, too bad because it’s not bad.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I dont understand chia seeds. I mean do you soak them or something? someone told me to put some in water and drink it...It was awful. The seeds stayed at the bottom of the bottle
  • emmoen
    Options
    I found it pretty filling given that I eat about every 2-3 hours but I am adding less chia seeds and more blueberries to my next serving.
  • emmoen
    Options
    I dont understand chia seeds. I mean do you soak them or something? someone told me to put some in water and drink it...It was awful. The seeds stayed at the bottom of the bottle

If you are able to see the recipe I posted ... it’s like overnight oats... you soak them in a liquid... which for mine I did 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2Tbsp maple syrup, tsp cinnamon with about 2/3 cup of blueberries... I put it all in the blender..minus chia seeds... once liquified I added chia seeds... mixed... let sit for about 5 minutes and mixed again because it does get clumpy... then refrigerate overnight.

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I tried a recipe when I had some dental problems and needed soft things. I was not a fan. My recipe called for 1/4 cup, and I could only eat half of it. I never ate the second half, I dumped it.

I like to mix a tablespoon in smoothies (that are running through the blender) for added fiber and all the goodness they are supposed to have, but I don't care for the soaked flavor. I might try soaking them and then blending them....
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I tried a recipe when I had some dental problems and needed soft things. I was not a fan. My recipe called for 1/4 cup, and I could only eat half of it. I never ate the second half, I dumped it.

I like to mix a tablespoon in smoothies (that are running through the blender) for added fiber and all the goodness they are supposed to have, but I don't care for the soaked flavor. I might try soaking them and then blending them....

Dependant on what you soak them in, they have every potential to be delightful. There's a drink you can buy that has little expanded basil seeds (sister to chia seeds) floating it it, and they're like little boba.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I 💕 chia seeds!!! I like the texture, taste - the omegas and fiber content: these little guys are versatile and a nutrition power house! Did i mention I use them a lot? 😉

For a typical chia pudding in my house - I use 3 or 4 tablespoons on chia to 1 cup liquid, usually macadamia milk. Add ground vanilla and maybe a sprinkle of berries and monkfruit.
  • emmoen
    Options
    The new ratio I did is much better texture for me and flavor with little less chia and more blueberries
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

@lleeann2001 yes, I soak chia seeds. Supposedly you only need to do that for 15 min but I like a longer soak. When I make today's smoothie I start soaking the seeds for tomorrow's smoothie. I just use 1/2 T seeds per smoothie and soak that in 1/2 C water.

I put the seeds and water in the bottom of a shaker cup with a ball (see link below), add protein powder, add more water, mix that up, and then add hot coffee. (When most PP are added to hot liquids they curdle.)

When I brew the coffee, I do it over a cup with dried coconut. That lets in rehydrate some. I add the coconut for a little more fat and fiber.

I shake from time to time when drinking to keep everything mixed.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/iHerb-Goods-Blender-Bottle-with-Blender-Ball-Green-28-oz/62678

n2yhaev6gjdk.png

This has about the same amount of calories as a Snicker's bar but keeps me full for hours.
  • whitneykt
    whitneykt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chi Seed pudding reminds me of Tapioca pudding . . . which I LOVE!!! I used whole milk with dark chocolate cocoa powder and made a wonderful decadent dark choco pudding. YUMMY!!