JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,248 Member
    JFT, Wed
    1. go to the gym :)
    2. jan challenge =8+ water :)
    3. feb challenge = only 1 evening snack. Then brush teeth, have my glass of water handy. It is OK to go to bed slightly hungry! :'(:/:s

Today has been a day we were worried about .... I know I've told you guys about our daughter with schizoaffective. She had been doing better this year, but she keeps trying to work, and a month ago the doctor wanted to put her in the hospital again, as her symptoms were returning. But, she had been going over the $$ amount that is allowed by disability and not telling us... but yet, spending it all on frivilouis things, gifts for her patients, etc. No taxes were paid. So Sunday I took her taxes in the get done, and she only owed $1100, so that was not too bad.

But today we get the packet from disability ... they are again reviewing whether she can remain on disability. So here I go for the 3rd time, having to write all the reasons that our daughter needs to stay on disability. It is emotionally draining to write (and admit) how sick my daughter is. It is not the life we wanted for her. She wants to work so badly. Last month we avoided a hospital stay, and her meds were increased. Now, we have this to worry about. So all day, I have been fighting with wanting to eat whatever I could. And I kept responding back to that ... knowing food will not help anything. But why is the urge so bad to just go and grab something sweet, or some ice cream... anything. But ... I am proud to say I did not. (But I did have a glass of wine!). So tonite, after starting to fill out the paperwork, I am sipping on my water. I did have a handful of nuts, but not too many. And I am going to avoid giving it to what I always used to do ... grab food. So all I can do is hope, that once again, we can let the people know that she desperately needs the disability money to live, and pray, and turn the rest over to God.
    5. mar challenge -- if not raining, 15 min walk outside :) This afternoon I worked in the yard for 3 hours... raking leaves, picking up stick. The best therapy in the world.
    6. mindful eating :) Today was a test day for me, but, at least so far, I did OK. Now I have to make it for4 more hours and keep away from food.

JFT, THurs
    1. fill out disability paperwork.
    2. visit doctors and get letters supporting daughters need to remain on disability
    3. work on pc boards
    4. work on charity sewing . Nothing can help us more than when we help other. RIght now, I am sewing little stuffed animals to donate to the children hospital.
    5. finish baby quilt for my friend
    6. clean house ... keep busy

So many posts, and I know I can't respond to everyone. But I wanted to tell you guys how much you all mean to me! What a awesome group of online friends!

@zizzybumble -- good luck on the job interviews!

@maryrobinson -- I so agree with so many! You are the best cheerleader, life coach, lifter-upper! No matter what you have going on in your life, your posts are always so uplifting! And you are doing so great in incorporating lifestyle, healthy changes! So proud of you! We all love you on this thread ... it just would not be the same without you! I love the "Tackle it Tuesday" ! I need to start doing that!

@bookmeister - so sorry to hear of the work problems. I worked at a place where we were allowed to work out of our home. While that was nice, those were the days that I ended up working 10+ hrs just to get caught up. So it has its good and bad. And like you, we were offered to work 4 - 10 hr days if we wanted to. I did that for awhile, but, like you, would find myself so exhausted that it just wasn't worth it. I have read the book "Seven habits.... " many times ... one of my favorite books. He offers lots of very good advice.

There is only so much you can control. So proud of you for taking the time to reflect on what you can and cannot do. Perhaps if you can skip some meetings that might also help you? I know I used to absolutely hate meetings! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your mum, and are able to put work aside ... at least for the weekend!. And I hope the work situation improves.

@Snowflake .... so much fun getting new shoes and clothes for your interview! (I will have to get to payless shoes before they are out of everything!). And you've been given such good information on here ... we are all rooting for you!

@toalijasa - that was a very sweet post, thank you.

But YOU and everyone else are such an important part of this thread!!! Each of us is so important on this thread. I love how we all are there to lift each other up, to give interview advice, to share joys, to worry about lab tests, to make us laugh, to post uplifting photos .... we all care so much about each other, and it shows. And this is why I love this group of people. So without ALL OF YOU, this thread would not be what it is. I can only say thank you to everyone ... you have all helped me so much as well.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    @mytime6630 Check out all those smileys, even with such a tough week! Nicely done!
    @Snowflake1968 I am sending good vibes your way! You’re gonna smash that interview!
    @bookmeister86 I can relate to having such a stressful work environment. Take care of yourself, be kind about your slips and remember every day is a new day to try again!
    @toaljasa Thank you for speaking so eloquently for all of us, just wow.
    @Bex953172 I missed all your kiddo stories, how are your babies doing?
    I Love the Tackle it Tuesday idea!

Today I actually felt my energy and alertness coming back. I forgot those great feelings that eating well and exercising bring. I have been mostly surprised at how easy it has been to slip back into healthy habits. That is not to say I haven’t been super sore and really felt how out of shape I am! But I feel like I’ve found a good balance between knowing the habits that make an impact (meal prepping, portion sizes, eating clean, exercising well a few times per week) and the ones I can be lenient on (not exercising on late work nights, not obsessing over each individual calorie). I have really been missing my walks, and although it’s actually getting warm enough and now light when I leave work, it has been raining for two days straight-BOOO. I was proud of myself, I hopped on my indoor bike tonight and got my workout DONE. Also so appreciative of all the support from everyone. I felt like I let my tribe down when I disappeared over the winter, and to be welcomed back so warmly has just been so wonderful :)

JFT (3/13)
    drink 80 oz. water ✅
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups ✅
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories ✅
    exercise 30 minutes ✅ I've got the sore butt to prove it!
    go to bed between 9-10 ✅
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/14)
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    exercise 30 minutes
    go to bed between 9-10 (night before)
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,468 Member
    @toaljasa - you have such a beautiful way with words. I agree with everything you said but never could have found such an eloquent way of putting it.

I read through the interview tips and am going to really sit down and write some things out. I tried to view their website, but it is currently under construction. I will have to remember the little she told me about it. I will also have to go in with confidence, this is huge for me and something I really struggle with.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me.

Good Luck!! We are all pulling for you!! You will slay it!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Weekly weigh in 7 day average, but no scale for 2 days while I was away.

fpao76ggrq3g.png
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    @mytime6630 Check out all those smileys, even with such a tough week! Nicely done!
    @Snowflake1968 I am sending good vibes your way! You’re gonna smash that interview!
    @bookmeister86 I can relate to having such a stressful work environment. Take care of yourself, be kind about your slips and remember every day is a new day to try again!
    @toaljasa Thank you for speaking so eloquently for all of us, just wow.
    @Bex953172 I missed all your kiddo stories, how are your babies doing?
    I Love the Tackle it Tuesday idea!

Today I actually felt my energy and alertness coming back. I forgot those great feelings that eating well and exercising bring. I have been mostly surprised at how easy it has been to slip back into healthy habits. That is not to say I haven’t been super sore and really felt how out of shape I am! But I feel like I’ve found a good balance between knowing the habits that make an impact (meal prepping, portion sizes, eating clean, exercising well a few times per week) and the ones I can be lenient on (not exercising on late work nights, not obsessing over each individual calorie). I have really been missing my walks, and although it’s actually getting warm enough and now light when I leave work, it has been raining for two days straight-BOOO. I was proud of myself, I hopped on my indoor bike tonight and got my workout DONE. Also so appreciative of all the support from everyone. I felt like I let my tribe down when I disappeared over the winter, and to be welcomed back so warmly has just been so wonderful :)

That's great---and so were all those lovely green check marks. We've been doing so well the past several days...really digging our heels in and getting focused. It's going to be great to hear of each other's results from all this hard work and discipline we are showing.

Now let's do do do it again tomorrow!!!
  • toaljasa
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning everyone. I did it! Managed 10k in under an hour in some pretty severe winds (well actually, just a teeny tiny bit under due to my fitness watch being in miles and me making a slight conversion error - it was too early for mental maths!). Amazingly I managed to hit records for fastest 5k and fastest mile in there as well as it being my longest run. I’m so proud of myself! Spent the rest of yesterday in a world of pain though.

This morning I feel pretty good except for ongoing soreness in my left hamstring. I’m going to try and workout in a bit and modify as needed. I could take a rest day but I aim for six days a week and had planned for Sunday off due to plans this weekend. But I don’t want to risk an injury so I will listen to my body once I get going.

Otherwise busy with work and planning oldest’s birthday party weekend. Most of it is done - going to start the cake tonight.

Wednesday goals recap:
    - online grocery shopping (cake/party stuff) ✅ already done
    - Morning run (wish me luck!) ✅
    - Leave cash for piano teacher ✅
    - Early to work (staff choir and handover to planning cover teacher) ✅
    - Book ceramic painting cafe session for Sunday ✅
    - Chase venue re food order ✅
    - Planning time: start data, 1x snack only ✅
    - Homework with L straight after work ✅
    - Buy present for A ❎ sorting today instead
    - Early night!! Let’s try again for bed by 9. ❎ got kids to bed a bit late then had a muscle soak bath so this slipped

Thursday goals:
    - morning workout (stop if too sore)
    - Buy present for A
    - take shake to work for lunch
    - Sort access to parents eve schedule
    - Request leaving meeting early on 26th for kids’ school show
    - Print/trim for next week?
    - Print RE for tomorrow
    - Buy fruit and veggies on way home
    - Start cakes
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a great day everyone x

Wow!!! That's a fantastic achievement! Way to go...you've worked hard and to achieve what you did today makes for a woo-hoo! moment. Keep us posted.

And be sure to post a pic of the BD cake!

Peace and joy
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 14 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @toaljasa Thank you, I am surprised that drinking water is the goal I struggle with most. I keep forgetting!

@mytime6630. Thank you for the good wishes; I'm the one conducting the interviews but it's still hard as I have to concentrate and I feel the responsibility of making the right decision as getting it wrong can have a big impact on other people.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Meditate 👍
    4. One healthy snack after dinner👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Meditate
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,041 Member

JFT 13th March

Eat sensibly (under maintenance) Hmm, could have been better
    Vegetables No, best thing I had was a banana
    Back exercises No, really need to focus on this more
    Housework Yes, would even call it spring cleaning, if spring was here!
    One extra cleaning job Sorted a living room shelf
    March challenge - walk 35 minutes in strong wind

Need to do better with food. I went for a short walk first thing in the morning (and only because I'd written it down here ). I like the idea of walking early in the day, and would like to do that in the summer. Because walking gives me more back pain I usually leave it until later in the day so it doesn't affect what I can do in the day. Perhaps 2 shorter walks morning and evening would work.

JFT 14th March

Eat sensibly (under maintenance)
    Vegetables!
    Back exercises
    Bit of babysitting
    Less online time
    March challenge - walk (stormy again ugh)

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    vzxvljhdfbhy.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Morning all! It's almost Friday!

@toaljasa You worded that so perfectly! I am so thankful for finding this group. I've been trying and failing to be more consistent with my eating and exercise since 2014 and this is the FIRST time I've gotten past the two week mark. I thank you all for that!

@Faebert Great job! You are killing it!

Yesterday 3/13:

1. Stay within calorie goal😑 Ehh about 20 over, it is TOM tho lol
    2. Go for walk at lunch😁
    3. Finish work at 5:15😁
    4. Put away clean laundry😁
    5. Wash a load of laundry😁

JFT 3/14:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Work out after work
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM run: 2.5 miles (15 laps). Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Sign on door - go to lab.
    3. Class 1-2: Print poetry projects; read to partner. Homework: 28 Poem Comparison / Compounds. Socratic Thursday.
    4. Planning: A - Draft essay. B - Grade homework and projects. C - Enter grades. Parent calls. D - Blog post - poetry lesson. Print rubrics for Medal essay.
    5. Class 4: Print Medal essay. Read to partner. Make corrections and print 2 clean copies. Presentations tomorrow. (Staple rubrics) Homework - compound sentences practice.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength class 4:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe.
    8. Gratitude journal. QUIZ. Library for D? Meds from CVS.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Print progress reports THURSDAY for FRIDAY. Check callback list Wednesday noon. MAKE SURE MUSIC IS CHARGED.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM Run: 2.5 miles (15 laps). Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. Check for Socratic papers. Print if needed. Plug devices in.
    3. Class 1-2: Complex sentences (SWABIs). Socratic Seminar. Homework Pass requirements for NRI. Homework - Persuasive, with evidence & reasoning (Prom). Complex sentences.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Draft essay. B - Lunch duty, grade homework. C - Enter grades. D - PARENT CALLS PRINT PROGRESS REPORTS.
    5. Class 4: Compound subjects. Presentations.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. BodyPump 5:30. Fold laundry. Dishes. Update grocery list. Blog post.
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Blog post. Read 6 pages Capital and 10 Ivanhoe. Lang8 post?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Check AM weather to plan run. Check cast list Friday noon. Head to LW Friday IMMEDIATELY after school to fill out paperwork.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 187.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Today it isn't feeling much like climbing; feels more like I'm trying to sprint through a marathon. Did get to the library and get my meds yesterday. So tired that I went to bed super early.

Happy Pi Day everyone! ;D
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. WATER, NOW! :)
    3. 15 squats/bathroom trip :| forgot second half of the day
    4. Eat packed lunch :)
    5. Cook dinner at home - tacos :)
    6. Mini meal plan :)
    7. Be positive and kind :| I did okay, but ended up on a bit of a rant at work with some coworkers which I usually dont indulge in, must not make that a habit, but the vent was needed.
    8. Shower >:)
    9. Bed by 9:30 :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. WATER, NOW
    3. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home - dirty rice
    6. Be positive and kind - really, do not takes peoples crap personally.
    7. Shower
    8. Bed by 9:30
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,444 Member
    Howdy Y'all! I'm was behind and there are just too many notices to read. I wish you all a wonderful day!

I did well with my goals yesterday, but I was feeling poor in the evening and didn't eat dinner. I did have a bit of frozen custard, go figure. This morning was a weigh in and I'm guessing it is a false low, with me not eating dinner, but even with that I think there was some real loss. I was down 1.8 pounds from last week. I'm guessing more like 1 pound down in reality. I need to remember this next week in case it looks like a gain. I'm still happy with it.

JFT Thursday

- Up early to drop off youngest for a 3 day thespian festival, She is beyond excited. :)
    - Weigh in :) down for 134.1. Not where I want to be, but getting there!
    - Breakfast under 300 cal :) EEK glad I looked at the bagel calories before digging in. I ate half and met my goal.
    - Work on Global documents, a bit of lab stuff and some consulting on ISO 17025. Fun day! Actually, its not bad.
    - Lunch under 300 cal. Nervous about this because I ate so little yesterday, I'm famished today
    - Nothing after work. May go hike the hills if I'm feeling better.
    - Day under maintenance, ~1700
    - To bed early and try to actually sleep. Having awful dreams about the past, but can't take a sleep aid because I just can't get up the next day. Ugh... It will get better as the time of year passes.
  • toaljasa
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Howdy Y'all! I'm was behind and there are just too many notices to read. I wish you all a wonderful day!

I did well with my goals yesterday, but I was feeling poor in the evening and didn't eat dinner. I did have a bit of frozen custard, go figure. This morning was a weigh in and I'm guessing it is a false low, with me not eating dinner, but even with that I think there was some real loss. I was down 1.8 pounds from last week. I'm guessing more like 1 pound down in reality. I need to remember this next week in case it looks like a gain. I'm still happy with it.

You bet your sweet bippy you're happy about it!!! That's fantastic. Just think...if you lose 1 lb a week from now until December you will have lost around 40 pounds!!! Now, you might not lose weekly, but I am wanting to show you how seemingly small victories can add up to a real doozie!!!

Keep pressing on. Keep moving forward!