Is it okay if I possibly burn more calories than my recommen

Options
My recommended to lose 2 pounds per week is set to 1380 for my weekly goal, but because I do high intensity Zumba, I've been at this for three days and I'm over half way to my weekly goal, so is it alright if I exceed that? Is it still healthy?

Replies

• AmberYZ
    AmberYZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if doing more exercise is healthy? LOL
    If you don't feel tired and eat a little bit more than it's totally fine
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1330 for about 1.5lbs a week. As long as you're eating healthy and eating when you're hungry I really see no problem. I often go over my goal depending on my workouts for the week. Which changes on and off with Waterpolo practice.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's always ok to lose more weight than the recommended weight as long as your losing it the proper way. That includes eating healthy, eating enough calories to sustain your intense workouts and drinking lots of water. The reason why there is a recommended weight lose guide is so you can maintain a healthy lifestyle while losing permanent weight. Some people go to extremes, ie: intense workouts with huge calorie deficits, or fad diets that work in the short term but will always fail in the long term. In these instances people can lose ALOT of weight very quickly, but most of it is usually just water weight and muscle deterioration and almost always the plan backfires and the person ends up gaining it all back plus some. The key is slow and steady, permanent sustainable weight lose! Just remember the weeks you burn 4-5lbs so when you hit the weeks where you may not lose anything you can keep it all in perspective.